331.65 driver leak

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Nvidia 331.65 driver leak. This includes the new streaming/recording software support, unfortunately you have to install the geforce experience to make it work, but other than that the recording and streaming software is supposed to be decent as it takes the load off your CPU while you're in game.

My advice is disable the automatic scanning for installed games and downloading of optimized settings.

Download link
http://www.mediafire.com/download/z..._desktop_win8_winvista_win7_64bit_english.exe

Source of info

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704908

Last edited:

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Cheers,only downloaded 331.58 yesterday and seem fine will check this out in a few days.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
Nothing wrong with geforce experience, its actually awesome, it enables features in some games you can't do in game vs the control panel automatically for you.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
I find geforce experience to be abysmal. I'd rather choose my game settings myself. If you let it apply settings automatically they tend to be horribly wrong compared to what does work on your system.

The recording feature is nice to have though. One thing I notice is that it's enabled by default, meaning it is constantly recording. It allows you to set an allotment of disk space and it will always have that filled with the most recent time that fits in that amount of space. This will be great for some people who always want that last portion of their game play saved. If you don't want it to constantly save you can set it to manual mode and activate it via hotkeys. In that situation you can manually start and stop recording at will.

Seems to take about 2 gigabytes for 10 minutes of footage.

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
Is the Geforce Experience always on once you install it, or can you enable/disable it?

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
I like it because it automatically configures games for you for best settings, you can still put them to whatever you want of course. But like BF4, i'm on a GTX 580 until next month, and it already picked settings for game for me. The settings are exactly what I would of chosen based on screenshots it provides.

Its not dumb down the tweaking aspect of gaming, just making it easier to see before you go into the game. :)

Hell it even enabled physics in borderlands 2. That is not even a option in game settings. Had no idea you could. lol

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Is the Geforce Experience always on once you install it, or can you enable/disable it?

It's always on in the sense that it sits in the taskbar and can be opened like your driver control panel. You need it to use the recording/streaming software because it opens through geforce experience. You can disable it scanning for games or applying profiles automatically though, which basically shuts down that whole aspect of it.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Performance hit is low using the recorder. The game streaming functionality does not appear to be in yet, but I could see twitch streamers wanting to use this considering the heavy CPU hit trying to stream 1080p/60fps gameplay to twitch currently has. You basically need a SB-E/IB-E overclocked if your plan is to do it on the same machine you game on, and even then you have to sacrifice some IQ. Some of the FPS streamers who take it seriously actually use dedicated hexcore machines just to do the encoding, this could change that for streamers.

Off

PHVb0dd.jpg

On

HznSfb6.jpg

BallaTheFeared

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2010
Looks like even less of an impact than my using Quick Sync with Afterburner, any real world testing done by reviewers?

(On a quad core :p)

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
I thought the streaming part was only to Shield? I only got a 580 card, but the icon says "stream games from PC to shield".

Teizo

Golden Member
Oct 28, 2010
This is actually pretty cool imho:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...vidia-geforce-gtx-led-visualizer-user-guide#1

"Several NVIDIA GeForce GTX GPUs, and the NVIDIA GeForce GTX SLI Bridge, feature illuminated LEDs that can now be controlled with the new GeForce Experience “NVIDIA GeForce GTX LED Visualizer” module. Included with all installs of GeForce Experience, the new module allows GeForce GTX users to customize the brightness and animation of the illuminated “GeForce GTX” text, adding patterns and effects that further enhance the personality of your PC. On the SLI bridge, the illumination and animation of the GeForce GTX Claw logo can be similarly controlled."

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
I thought the streaming part was only to Shield? I only got a 580 card, but the icon says "stream games from PC to shield".

They demoed using it to stream to twitch, which is an amazing use for this considering how taxing streaming to twitch normally is via CPU encoding. It is not live in the software yet though

geokilla

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2006
They demoed using it to stream to twitch, which is an amazing use for this considering how taxing streaming to twitch normally is via CPU encoding. It is not live in the software yet though
OBS doesn't require much resources as well.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
A couple questions about this. What format does the video record in? Can it be played back from something like a PS3 or a tablet? Also are there any known issues with this driver that I should be aware of before trying them?