32GB UHS Speed Class 1 micro SDHC $22 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingFatty

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2010
Anyone have personal experience with using UHS? If I stick it in my cell phone or tablet, will it behave the same as a regular class 10?

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Not true. They are identical @ 10MB/s.

I had to look this one up.

We are both right. o_O

UHS1 will default to Class 10 speeds with a device that does not support UHS1. Thus Class 10 is kind of like a minimum. Also, this particular product appears to have 10MB/s writes and 40MB/s reads. This is in comparison to a Class 10 device from the same manufacturer, which has the same 10MB/s writes, but only 20MB/s reads. Thus, it is faster in one spec, but the same in another. I've also noticed that some manufacturers market their products as both Class 10 and UHS1. I guess it is like saying that a HDD is SATA 6GB/s versus the same drive with SATA 3GB/s. Both perform the same, but one is capable of faster transfers if the media supports it.

This particular Team device is kind of disappointing for the slow write speeds, but the read speeds should butt up against the limitations of USB 2.0 when transferring data in an adapter.

There are other UHS1 products which cost much more but are without a doubt much faster. The product I linked has 90MB/s writes!!!

Still, $21.59 isn't bad for a product with minimum Class 10 performance, as it is the same price as most sales of 32GB Class 10 chips.

The bundled USB card reader is a nice touch, though disappointing that it isn't USB 3.0.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
just remember that often times, the higher the sequential performance, the lower the random read/write performance.

for example, you wouldn't want to use this to run an OS off of in a mini computer like the raspberry pi.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Dang, OOS... was looking for a good deal on a nice speedy card too.

Correction. Somewhat speedy. Same writes as Class 10, slightly higher reads IF your device supports it. But the price was good (when in stock) so totally worth it if you were already in the market for something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.