32 gigs in 29 hours

UnatcoAgent

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
This may not seem like a lot for some, but my roomate and I just hit this over the past day. Our bandwidth limit is supposedly a gig a week :beer:

Also on a side note. I had one my marks from last term changed by the course director from a C+ to a B+ randomly today :beer: :beer:

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
you must have nice collection of pr0n.

?????.. :p wow F A P is not allowed :Q is it even a word?

apac

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2003
The bastard IT people on my campus killed my P2P port bandwith about a month ago when I went on a 40gb spree.

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
Originally posted by: NuclearFusi0n
1024 GB one month. upload only.

beat that. :)

only if you did it on a dial up line.

is that your home line? that's a lot of upload.

cpals

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Sid59

I seriously doubt that's a home line... that's over 30 gigs a day. Most likely a server that has a lot of file serving.

NuclearFusi0n

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: cpals

I seriously doubt that's a home line... that's over 30 gigs a day. Most likely a server that has a lot of file serving.
dorm room, i basically was uploading one meg/second as long as my computer was on. i did at least 2 terabytes in a three month span, with 1 terabyte in february, and about .5 in both january and march (this was last year)

UnatcoAgent

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999

dorm room, i basically was uploading one meg/second as long as my computer was on. i did at least 2 terabytes in a three month span, with 1 terabyte in february, and about .5 in both january and march (this was last year)

I tip my hat to you, sir.

EpsiIon

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Magnum375
This may not seem like a lot for some, but my roomate and I just hit this over the past day. Our bandwidth limit is supposedly a gig a week :beer:

Also on a side note. I had one my marks from last term changed by the course director from a C+ to a B+ randomly today :beer: :beer:

You know, I visually scanned your title as 32 cigs in 29 hours...

UnatcoAgent

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Originally posted by: EpsiIon

You know, I visually scanned your title as 32 cigs in 29 hours...

For some people, that wouldn't be too damn bad.

Atlantean

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001

I tip my hat to you, sir.

What were you uploading? And what did you dl magnum? only thing I can see taking that much room is anime or tv shows.

KahunaHube

Aug 16, 2001

when i was in the dorms 3 years ago i was getting the same upload speeds.... that lasted for about a month til they shut my internet down haha good times

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
most ive ever gotten was maybe 12 gig in a week, cox says they allow 30gig/month but i know theres been a couple months ive gone over a little

that first week was game demos and linux ISOs, i dont download much stuff now

bsmithy

Oct 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Atlantean

What were you uploading? And what did you dl magnum? only thing I can see taking that much room is anime or tv shows.

my guess is he's get banned for saying :D

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
that TB of upl;oad isnt unreasonabe, when i first set up the DC++ hub here at my school and shared the plethera of anime i have i did 100+gigs up in a day hit a TB in about a week

UnatcoAgent

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Originally posted by: bsmithy
Originally posted by: Atlantean

my guess is he's get banned for saying :D

Well - lets just say we have a lot of Xfiles to watch for one thing.

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001
I can't imagine downloading that much in a month. There isn't that much interesting stuff on the net.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000

You don't go to Rolla, do you? Because that sound exactly like someone I mooched from. (although I think he was in a frat)