30% of MS code in 2002 was written by Russian-americans?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lyssword, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Pulsar

Pulsar Diamond Member

OMG, QFT. Biggest piece of shit ever. Best thing you can do is turn off indexing, then even THAT doesn't work have the time because it won't search at all.

2. Cerb

Cerb Elite Member

Remove indexed locations, then set it to search file names and contents in non-indexed locations. That way, search works, and Explorer isn't slow when in big folder trees.

A search sidebar with options would have been nice to have, though.

3. shortylickens

shortylickens No Lifer

I dont like the forced indexing, crappy search, and completely online help system. If my computer is really broken, I cant get online, and thats when I really good local help.

4. gevorg

gevorg Diamond Member

I've met and worked with dozens, if not hundreds, of Russian-American software engineers in Bay Area / Silicon Valley, many of which are working for Fortune 500 companies. Their skills are like a u-curve, either so-so or extremely brilliant. On average, better than Indian/Chinese developers, especially if you're looking at ones who can think outside the box (in my experience/opinion/etc).

On the hardware side, Intel got 600 Russian engineers in early 1990s and 2000s. Probably one of the best Soviet microprocessor minds were there, so don't be surprised if their collective work with American-born engineers trickled down to modern Intel CPUs.