3 Officers Mortally Wounded in shooting, 2 injured

Nov 25, 2013
In Canada.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/04/world/americas/canada-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Clearly the NRA's fault. Because all shooting are now the NRA's fault. :rolleyes:

Seriously, Canada's gun control laws make the US look like the wild west, or Canada look like a police state depending on your perspective. Turns out a few sheets of paper and ink don't provide much protection against lead.

I'm sure families and friends of the dead and injured officers appreciate your concern. Fucking troll.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
This is a rare event in Canada.

Which everyone should be happy for. Good thing shooting fatalities have been decreasing her in the U.S. too over the past decade or three, and continue to do so.

Thoughts go to the officers families.

himkhan

Jul 13, 2013
In Canada.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/04/world/americas/canada-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Clearly the NRA's fault. Because all shooting are now the NRA's fault. :rolleyes:

Seriously, Canada's gun control laws make the US look like the wild west, or Canada look like a police state depending on your perspective. Turns out a few sheets of paper and ink don't provide much protection against lead.

Turns out you give an asshole a chance to be an agenda whore, they take it. :rolleyes:

Jan 25, 2011
In Canada.

Three officers are dead and hundreds of others are out there right now willing to die if it protects the people of the Moncton area and this is what you come up with?

Pathetically shameful.

Last edited:

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
There's always some gun nut out to score points about these types of tragedies. Of course this is very rare in Canada since a quick Google shows 133 cops have been killed in 43 years, or 3 a year on average and 65% of these deaths were before 1980

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
There's always some gun nut out to score points about these types of tragedies. Of course this is very rare in Canada since a quick Google shows 133 cops have been killed in 43 years, or 3 a year on average and 65% of these deaths were before 1980

While I don't condone the immediate political grandstanding lets not pretend that only one side is guilty of this

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2649110/3-officers-killed-2-injured-Canada-shooting.html

He also had a fascination with guns that caused huge concern among his friends and ‘issues with authority and police’.

Caitlin Isaac worked with Bourque at Walmart several years ago and told The Business Insider: ‘I never took him seriously, but he always said he wanted to go out with a bang and bring people with him.’
She added: ‘He always seemed to have a problem with authority. Issues with parents, bosses, police…’

A white terrorist, with authority issues.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Seriously, Canada's gun control laws make the US look like the wild west, or Canada look like a police state depending on your perspective.
This is a rare event in Canada.

These two things are related. The reason you don't hear about stuff like this often from Canada is because of their strict gun laws.

While I don't condone the immediate political grandstanding lets not pretend that only one side is guilty of this

This isn't about sides. This is about one asshole, the OP. Let's assign blame to the individual who deserves it in this case since he is readily identifiable.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
These two things are related. The reason you don't hear about stuff like this often from Canada is because of their strict gun laws.

Even if Canada had the same laws as the U.S. I think Canada would still have significantly less gun related crime.

But since Canada does have such strict laws, how did he obtain the guns?

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
This isn't about sides.

Both IrishScott and StinkyPinky disagree with you

Back on topic: I wonder if this will be an isolated incident? There are many psychologists that say the mass media coverage of these events is what encourages more people to do this. It would be a shame if the media coverage is helping to spread this north.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Guy goes on a shooting rampage, murdering multiple officers in the process....

lets random person take a picture of him from 20 feet away in the middle of the supposed "attack". lmfao

I swear, if they dressed up someone like an alien and put them on TV you people would believe it.

It's really kind of sad, actually.

jacktesterson

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
I'm in the lockdown area now.

Everything is closed down - still trying to find him as we speak.

He's been seen a few times this morning.

Seems to be good at getting out of sight when spotted.

Last edited:

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
Sympathy for the late Mounties and their families.

Sorry to hear that you are caught up in that ... Glad you still have your Internet access.

Hope the situation wraps up soon with no further loss of life...

Best of luck,
Uno

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Nov 25, 2013
Why is it you don't say the same things about the gun control advocates when they start a thread using a tragedy to push for more gun control?

Look, if Americans want to play their political games about guns and laws in the US feel free. What's happening in Moncton has nothing to do with American gun laws. It was an extremely dickish move to use this tragedy to make a stupid point about guns in America. Point to note, the NRA isn't even a Canadian organization, so explain how that was even relevant to what's happening in Canada? Actually, don't bother. It was a classless move pure and simple.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
It's amazing, where were you guys calling CNN and other outlets assholes after Sandy Hook? Or praising the NRA for keeping it's mouth shut for days in the name of dignity?

Last edited:

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Look, if Americans want to play their political games about guns and laws in the US feel free. What's happening in Moncton has nothing to do with American gun laws. It was an extremely dickish move to use this tragedy to make a stupid point about guns in America. Point to note, the NRA isn't even a Canadian organization, so explain how that was even relevant to what's happening in Canada? Actually, don't bother. It was a classless move pure and simple.

Apparently the sarcasm of that line was lost on you.

And for the record every time there's a shooting down here, even a minor one, we have to endure "but Canadian gun laws are X and they have gun crime level Y" in addition to similar fallacious comparisons to other nations.

So yeah, I'm using the tragedy to make a point. That's classless now? Good to know, I'll be sure to link to this thread the next time someone down here gets shot.

Nov 25, 2013
Apparently the sarcasm of that line was lost on you.

And for the record every time there's a shooting down here, even a minor one, we have to endure "but Canadian gun laws are X and they have gun crime level Y" in addition to similar fallacious comparisons to other nations.

So yeah, I'm using the tragedy to make a point. That's classless now? Good to know, I'll be sure to link to this thread the next time someone down here gets shot.

He points his finger and whines, "but, but, but, but".

You're still a fucking troll.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
He points his finger and whines, "but, but, but, but".

You're still a fucking troll.

You're pissed off, and you're seeing what you want to see. I'm no troll and if I was I would be relishing your pissed off responses. Get ahold of yourself.

I fail to see how using a Canadian tragedy to make my point is any different from using an American one. The point is the ineffectiveness of gun control.

And yeah, perhaps it is sad that when I see a shooting nowadays that's the first place my mind goes. When I see a shooting involving more than two dead my first reaction is "oh shit my property and rights are about to be attacked again", even if I consciously know it's in Canada. Sad situation indeed, that's what it's come to down here I guess.

Rest assured the Mounties and their families do have my sincere condolences. Not that I think any of them read AT P&N.