3 books, $280

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
half.com please..

they sell a lot of international books, which is the same thing but WAAYYYYYY cheaper..

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
Originally posted by: vegetation
Originally posted by: brtspears2
$280 now, 10 weeks later, they will be apparently worth only $50 when you try to sell them back.

Or even next to nothing if the publisher decides to print a new edition for the next semester, which is seemingly happening a lot more frequently than ever before. One time, they even insulted me by saying I had to pay them a 10 cent disposal fee if I wanted to leave my obsolete edition there.

That is when you politely tell them that they can go fzck themselves.

I bought a book off a friend for $40 after she was done taking the class. I turned around and sold it for $50 at the bookstore. That was the sweetest deal I ever got out of a book in college. It ruled so very, very much. Of course, I never told her or any of my friends that new her, let she get pissed.

R

Fireball77

Feb 26, 2002
My math book was $95 just because it was written just for the college. And the college does not sell used ones, or buy it back.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
If only the Internet were more prominent back in 1995 ...

Anyone still do the photocopy-the-whole-book and return it thing anymore ? ;)

amndouglas

Aug 17, 2001
Anyone else have bookstores/instructors that don't let you know what textbook will be used until the last minute? That's what pisses me off. Kind of hard to take advantage of any kind of savings online when that happens.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: bigalt
scary thing is that it's not so much the bookstore, those books are just really expensive to produce.

oh really?

US amazon

canada amazon

thats like half the price right there. i'm sure if i could find the india edition it would be even more