(3) 16MB Smartmedia Cards for $46.31 Shipped...

Smeeba

Aug 18, 2000
I don't know if this has been posted before, or if it's a HOT deal, or just warm...

This is the lowest $/MB price I have been able to find on Smartmedia for my Digital Camera:

At Overstock.com they have the following item:

Lexar 16MB SmartMedia Card
SM016-231

Lexar SmartMedia products have been tested from Agfa, Epson, Fuji, Minolta, Olympus, and other manufacturers in digital cameras.

This item sells for $23.77 which is a pretty good deal by itself...but buying three makes it a much better deal!

Since it is an "instant rebate" item, when you buy three of them, you get $5.00 off...

Then you can use a coupon for $20.00 off $50.00 (Find this at your local coupon site, such as TB)

Here's the play by play:

$23.77
$23.77
$23.77
-$5.00
-$20.00
-------
$46.31 Shipping is free!

This comes to approx. $15.44 per stick...less than a $1 a MB!

- Smeeba

Smeeba

Aug 18, 2000
I will post an update when I get mine this week...

If it was refurbished, how could you tell???

Flatpicker

Dec 7, 2000
In the rec.photo.digital ng, folks talk about sm cards going bad. From what I gather, most of them have improperly reformatted or erased the cards using a card reader. They erase the hidden file that specifies the card specs. Most cameras reguire this to recognize the cards. the was a thread about an mp3 player that could rewrite the needed info. Anyway, refurbishing probably means a low level format. It's easy to tell a used card from the wipe marks left from insertion and retraction.
The refurb I bought from OS works fine, but it came without any packaging and is obviously used.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Just started looking for Smartmedia for my new digital camera.

With the Onvia coupons I was able to grab 32mb Simple Technology for $35 shipped. I would have gone for the $88 64mb one but they were all out of stock. Still a good deal.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
What are the differences of SmartMedia? I see 3.3 mentioned everywhere, etc.? If I find something that says SmartMedia is that all I really need to know? I have a Fuji Finepix 1400 which Amazon.com should deliver any day now.

Also what about brands? I know that PNY also makes decent RAM. Kingston makes the good quality Kingston ValueRAM, etc. So far I've only heard about Lexar and Kingston. Which is considered the best?

I'm looking to buy either 32MB or 64MB SmartMedia using an Onvia coupon.

Flatpicker

Dec 7, 2000
3.3v is the standard voltage now. I read that there are only 2 manufacturers of smartmedia or ssfdc memory. I think it was Toshiba and Sanyo. The rest is packaging and marketing.

You have to be careful because cameras are limited to a maximum size, ie. Oly D-600L is limited to 16mb. Before buying 32mb or 64mb it would be best to make sure your device will recognize it.

sracer52

Oct 11, 1999
about the Bad smart media, yes if you use it on those old mp3 player it will bnot work anyore on digital camera, but 1 program can fix it, then you need a the very first Rio and a program call Dream..something , but sure you can find it on the net, it will fix the problem... i have used it and it work ..so just let you guy know