3:10 to Yuma

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
Am I the only one who was sad when Wade shoots prince? I mean sure, he was a homicidal maniac, but for Wade to turn on him after his fanatical loyalty just gets to me.

edit: sorry for the spoiler in the topic summary earlier! sometimes i forget that there are people who are further behind pop culture than me

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Originally posted by: gopunk
Am I the only one who was sad when Wade shoots prince? I mean sure, he was a homicidal maniac, but for Wade to turn on him after his fanatical loyalty just gets to me.

edit: sorry for the spoiler in the topic summary earlier! sometimes i forget that there are people who are further behind pop culture than me

No, I wasn't sad. It was a great ending to the movie. I think I'll buy it..

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
I wouldn't say I was sad really. I mean, his whole gang was a well oiled killing machine. I was more sad that Wash, yet again, got shafted.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001

IMHO you were supposed to feel a little sad about it, but also understand why and agree with Wade doing it.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
No, the guy was a nutcase. Carried to its logical extreme, one day he probably would have shot Wade.

Lamont Burns

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2002
Just watched it last weekend. I didn't really get into it... I was ready to like it, heard good things. Did not deliver for me.

I liked when Wade shot his 2nd in command tho.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
We rented it this past weekend, and I gotta say, I wasn't impressed. The last 15 or so minutes were the best part of the whole thing, but still weren't enough to bring the movie to a "Must See" category.

We also rented "The Brave One" with Jodie Foster...that one was pretty well done. I LIKE gratuitious violence...and this one didn't let me down.

Kind of a chick-version of Charles Bronson's "Death Wish."

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I enjoyed most of it, but I felt the entire Contention sequence was a bit contrived and kind of soured me on the entire film. If not for the ending I would have liked this film much more.

I did actually think it was a little sad when Wade killed Prince, since he was so loyal to Wade, but in the end it had to be done.

KT

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
I enjoyed most of it, but I felt the entire Contention sequence was a bit contrived and kind of soured me on the entire film. If not for the ending I would have liked this film much more.

agree 100%

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
tombstone was better imo.

i wasnt sad i was kinda like wtfbbqholeinyourchestpwnedsitdownplz. i mean he did kill the batman. i wanted to buy a replica of his pistol i saw one on ebay.