3.1 million Michigan residents say thank you NCAA

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
They moved the game to 3:30 pm so I assume ABC will cover it.

This Big Ten Network is so effed up. Comcast is so effed up.

QurazyQuisp

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2003
I really don't care either way, as I'll be at the game... but with noon games you usually have to wake up early, even earlier in this games case... so I'm glad it's at 3:30.

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Squisher
They moved the game to 3:30 pm so I assume ABC will cover it.

This Big Ten Network is so effed up. Comcast is so effed up.

I really don't know which side is in the right: Comcast or Big Ten Network.

kedlav

Aug 2, 2006
the notion that regional sports coverage networks should be distributed as part of basic cable is about as dumb as they come. Every different team/conference/etc. having their own channel is doing nothing but wasting bandwith and adding more worthless channels running fucking paid programming all day

kb315

Jun 16, 2001
I'm pretty sure the Big Ten, not the NCAA, schedules the games. But I'm relieved that the game is on ABC instead of BTN.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Now I want all you 3.1 million residents to each give me a dollar.

Come on, that's cheap!

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
WAAAAAAAAAAAAH, I'LL BE WORKING IN SEATTLE. I work from 10AM-6PM...so one of you at the game call delay it for about 2 hours and I'm set.

Please?

And even if I can see part of it at 6PM (doubtful), who in Seattle would have that game on...they probably don't even get it broadcast over there. Stupid work.

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
Originally posted by: kb315
I'm pretty sure the Big Ten, not the NCAA, schedules the games. But I'm relieved that the game is on ABC instead of BTN.

No way, a game on Big Ten HD is 10 times better than on ABC. ABC will fill every possible second with commercials, TV timeouts, then you come back from a commercial to find you missed a play or two. BTN will show the stadium, the warmups, the coaches doing thier pregame meeting. They will show the OSU band doing script Ohio, dotting the I, etc. The only time you ever see dotting of the I on abc is in a commercial.

The only thing better about ABC is the commentators. Herbie + Musberger = best college football pair on TV.

As for the comcast/btn dispute, I'm gonna have to say comcast is the jackass here. Direct TV happily gave me btn in HD, as well as 4 overflow channels, so I could pick from up to 5 games instead of seeing the one picked for my "region". Without me having to ask them, and without having to pay any more. (But I had to pay more to get ABC in HD??) A lot of other cable/satelite providers also picked up BTN without having to ask thier customers to pay more, so why the beef with comcast?

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000

I was wondering who to thank. I figured this was initiated by ABC, but I figured it would go through NCAA.

EDIT: They haven't officially announced the game as ABC, I'm only assuming it will be so because of the move.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Regs
I would love to have your hours EvilYoda.

LOL...yeah, I normally don't complain. But that also means that I can't get completely wasted on Friday or Saturday since I work 10-6 on Sunday and then take a red-eye home.

Oh, it's so rough, however will I make it through the day :p

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: EvilYoda

LOL...yeah, I normally don't complain. But that also means that I can't get completely wasted on Friday or Saturday since I work 10-6 on Sunday and then take a red-eye home.

It also helps that you have coffee shops every 4 feet to keep you going ;)

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001

It also helps that you have coffee shops every 4 feet to keep you going ;)

Sadly, coffee does nothing for me. It's not usually an issue of staying awake...now I'm trying to figure out what to do about the UM/OSU game. I think I'm completely screwed on that one, save the hour lunch break we get. hmph.

kb315

Jun 16, 2001

I was wondering who to thank. I figured this was initiated by ABC, but I figured it would go through NCAA.

<EDIT: They haven't officially announced the game as ABC, I'm only assuming it will be so because of the move.

No its on ABC officially according to Michigans official website at mgoblue.com

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002

Sadly, coffee does nothing for me. It's not usually an issue of staying awake...now I'm trying to figure out what to do about the UM/OSU game. I think I'm completely screwed on that one, save the hour lunch break we get. hmph.

I will have to get back on topic with you at a later date.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000

<<EDIT: They haven't officially announced the game as ABC, I'm only assuming it will be so because of the move.

No its on ABC officially according to Michigans official website at mgoblue.com

Great! I was checking espn.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
I never thought I'd support Comcast in, well, anything they do, but I really hope they don't cave in on this one. The Big 10 Network is a horrible idea and needs to die a quick death.

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
Originally posted by: Slick5150
...The Big 10 Network is a horrible idea and needs to die a quick death.

Someone is obviously bitter they didnt get to see the Purdue vs Indiana volleyball game. That alone justifies the existence of BTN.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Train

Someone is obviously bitter they didnt get to see the Purdue vs Indiana volleyball game. That alone justifies the existence of BTN.

I was joking about that the other night when I flipped past the Big 10 Network (I have dish Network, so I actually do get it) and thought that there must be literally tens of disappointed Comcast subscribers right now who can't watch that epic showdown.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Who can we complain to about the "Big Ten Network" It's such a crock of shit that I now have to subscribe to a TV channel and pay to watch the same games that I've been able to watch for free for my whole life.

Time Warner even ran a commercial at least once saying they don't think I should have to pay for it either but didn't tell me who I can complain to.

It should be setup so that I can view NON -LOCAL games on that channel and leave my own home games on a normal channel.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Train

I was joking about that the other night when I flipped past the Big 10 Network (I have dish Network, so I actually do get it) and thought that there must be literally tens of disappointed Comcast subscribers right now who can't watch that epic showdown.

A couple of weeks ago we in Michigan got to watch some MAC game (I think it was W. Michigan v. N. Illinois) on ABC while the Michigan-Purdue game was on BTN.