2022 NFL Offseason thread

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012

Kyler perhaps Jeff George's much faster palette-swapped Mini-me?

The way he performs seems to indicate that to me. He's utter garbage at times but then you see moments of crazy talent.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
NFL Stooge Gets His Promised Soft Landing From Mara's Best Friends. Public gets "good cop, bad cop'd" and won't even know it happened them.

Fuck the Steelers, fuck the Giants, fuck Belichick, and a big F U to Dan Snyder.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
NFL Stooge Gets His Promised Soft Landing From Mara's Best Friends. Public gets "good cop, bad cop'd" and won't even know it happened them.

Fuck the Steelers, fuck the Giants, fuck Belichick, and a big F U to Dan Snyder.
You are fighting a weird battle in your mind.

• Haha
Reactions: BUTCH1 and manly

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000

Probably would have been hired back by Bill B, guy's a great coach, great at developing talent too, Pitt just reached out fast and beat everone to the punch.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
View attachment 57684

Year 2 of the Dan Campbell era will be interesting

I keep hearing that there will be a lot of QB's moving, Wentz to the Steelers? Russel's going to be cooking in Tampa?

For Wentz to be moved Indy will have to wind up paying some the huge contract they signed him to. Ditto Wilson, just signed a huge extension including a no-trade clause in 2019, he'd have to personally OK any type of trade and then who do you replace him with?. Even though Seattle finished 7-10 last season it was not due to poor QB play. Even the Niner's might wind up hanging on to Jimmy G as a moderately priced high quality backup if the whole Lance thing hits a snag.

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Yep. Not too surprised that he's getting traded...VERY surprised it's to Denver. His wife has been vocal about wanting to go someplace closer to NYC.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
For Wentz to be moved Indy will have to wind up paying some the huge contract they signed him to. Ditto Wilson, just signed a huge extension including a no-trade clause in 2019, he'd have to personally OK any type of trade and then who do you replace him with?. Even though Seattle finished 7-10 last season it was not due to poor QB play. Even the Niner's might wind up hanging on to Jimmy G as a moderately priced high quality backup if the whole Lance thing hits a snag.
Except Indy did NOT sign Wentz to an extension. They did assume the contract that Philly signed him to, which has no financial implications remaining after this season. There is a hefty $28M cap hit this season, unless they end up waiving him before March 18th as seems rather likely.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Still no clarity on the Rodgers contract, which he is alleging is not 4 years $200 million.

Reactions: Torn Mind

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Would be funny if Tom Brady really does unretire, head to San Fran and then fuck over A-Aron....one way or the other.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
And now we have Carson Wentz to lead the commanders...

*sigh*

I can't wait to have 6-7 wins AGAIN.
I hate him and his style of play.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets injured too.
The dude only knows hero ball and can't seem to just take what the defense gives him.

It's like Foles crushed his psyche and he's been compensating ever since. The QB equivalent of Laron Landry.

Then again, I believe the Commanders are intentionally aiming for irrelevancy for at least the course of the "investigation", so I'm not that surprised they pissed picks of a mediocre-at-best qb. Yeah, I'm surprised we got Wentz but not surprised why, if that makes any sense.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
And now we have Carson Wentz to lead the commanders...

*sigh*

I can't wait to have 6-7 wins AGAIN.
How is this real? Commies take over the $28M cap hit while surrendering a couple mid-round picks.

For a guy who the Colts were likely to waive next week anyway? Were multiple teams actually bidding for Wentz's services? o_O

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I'd rather have Wentz than Jimmy G or Trubisky though, so there is that.

The more I hear about the deal too the more I am okay with it to be honest.

He's no world beater by any means, but he realistically is the best QB they have had on the roster since Cousins was here, at least on paper. And it only cost em 2 3rd rounders (possibly one of those 3s turns into a 2) which in the grand scheme of things isn't that bad. It is kind of a low risk, high reward move.

This QB class by most experts is not a very good one so this can at least hold them over for a year, and they can still draft a QB this year if they feel fit.

Reactions: zinfamous and KMFJD

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
How is this real? Commies take over the $28M cap hit while surrendering a couple mid-round picks.

For a guy who the Colts were likely to waive next week anyway? Were multiple teams actually bidding for Wentz's services? o_O
No one will ever know what would have happened next week at this point. And if it's who they wanted, hoping it happens and you can get him cheaper, when someone else could scoop him up, there isn't much benefit in waiting to save a few bucks in the grand scheme of things.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
The Wentz move only makes sense as a charity move to help the Colts and the Commanders basically play the role of junkyard for what was once a Mercedes C-Class.

Plenty of needs could have been helped by simply nabbing a random crappy QB off the street and throwing next season away so the draft position is higher. Then again, not winning is the principal aim of the Commanders in the near future...sex scandal and all.

The Commanders have positions of considerable deficiency to prove the Commanders are not a QB away, especially an insecure monkey who is worse than Derek Carr by a country mile. Positions like
LB
DB
WR

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
No one will ever know what would have happened next week at this point. And if it's who they wanted, hoping it happens and you can get him cheaper, when someone else could scoop him up, there isn't much benefit in waiting to save a few bucks in the grand scheme of things.
OK, so I actually think your last two posts are correct. Wentz was serviceable last season, and has decent career stats. His main weakness appears to be completion percentage, which was the big question out of college. So it makes sense that the Colts extracted a couple mid-rounders for Wentz; the cap hit sucks a bit but there's no guaranteed money remaining after this league year.