2018 Pentathlon Race thread

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Jeeper said:
The computers groan and smoulder. A few make some funny noises.
Earlier this week I switched the GPU power target from 250 to 300 W in my triple GPU host. Also had a look at the power meter, which showed almost 1,150 W after this.

Only a day later I was wondering about this PC's elevated fan noise. Due to lacking support of the motherboard in Linux, I don't get complete sensor readings there. (There are 9 + 2 radiator fans, two case fans, and three smaller inner fans which blow onto various parts of the board.) Listening closer I realised that I was hearing the PSU fan, which is normally very quiet. And that was the point when I remembered that this is a 1,200 W rated PSU...

Well, it's not smoldering yet.

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Jeeper spoke directly about xii5ku today on the 12th day: "It’s not just the fitness that will be the deciding factor in the end but the will to persevere, the will to squeeze maximum performance out of the available hardware. The will to succeed." Actually, I don't think he knows xii5ku at all....that just BARELY begins to describe our resident super-genius!

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Those Frenchie's are L'AF'ing about taking away my birthday dream of having a perfect 7th place across all disciplines.... :( Stefan/petrus, if you haven't vacated the premises yet, please convert all units to Asteroids........

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Those Frenchie's are L'AF'ing about taking away my birthday dream of having a perfect 7th place across all disciplines.... :( Stefan/petrus, if you haven't vacated the premises yet, please convert all units to Asteroids........
I think if we all moved to Asteroids we could be caught in NF in about a day. (Especially since it's hard to set up power and internet way out there. :p) But I think Stefan and Peter should be enough to keep us in position. I switched over everything, but I switched one tiny computer back as it wasn't handling the heat from Asteroids well.

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
I have well over a million just waiting for validation in asteroids !!!

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Well, we are back to having straight 7th place in all 5 disciplines plus 7th overall.

[H] seems to be coasting at Asteroids just a bit, but it allowed us to pass them for now. I suspect a bunker is being built, but it's pretty cool to be back to all 7th place scores, even if temporary. :) It will be interesting to see how the scores change as more teams release their bunkers.

A LOT of my pending was validated today (Free-DC is showing me as almost 2M points today overall), but there is still a bunch out there waiting for valildation, along with Mark's and Stefan's and everyone else's pending. I'd guess we have 5 Million awaiting validation! :)

Reactions: zzuupp

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Woohoo! PrimeGrid is done, and another 7th place finish is secure! Our lucky number is Slevin!

51YYFECG0PL._SY445_.jpg

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Pretty incredible, right? I mean, you've got Lucy. And then there's also Lucy, and Lucy, and to top it off, you have Lucy Liu too!

Oh, and Morgan Freeman! I mean, it's gotta be good!?!

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
Pretty incredible, right? I mean, you've got Lucy. And then there's also Lucy, and Lucy, and to top it off, you have Lucy Liu too!

Oh, and Morgan Freeman! I mean, it's gotta be good!?!
I wanted to say Bruce Willis , Ben Kingsley, etc, but you're straight to Lucy. People just couldn't avert Lucy at her prime.