*** 2016 NBA Playoff thread ***

Page 48 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
The City of Cleveland is about to erupt.

luckily only 1 police car was crushed and only 1 fire truck was temporarily commandeered

oh and a dude climbed a light pole, and i think one guy got shot in the ankle

and people shot off fireworks until about 3 AM

but compared to LA "celebrations", it was like my grandma's birthday party

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
One thing that annoyed me with the post game comments, particularly from Lue is all the comments about war. How what they did was battle and he'd gone to war with them. They don't know the first d*** thing about war and it's insulting saying that.

then why did they name GS the warriors? :D

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Jordan was already in the air when he saw Sam Perkins coming up to block him, so he switched hands mid-flight to neutralize the right-side block.

Yeah, he had gained separation from the first defender, but the move was a counter to Perkins coming in later.

I meant separation in the score. They had a big rally to take over the game and this was on the latter end of it.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Just watched Game 7 again.

A couple notables...one is that even tho James was the obvious mvp and played to his elite level, Irving played a golden step-up game from the beginning. The shots he made on offense (not just the last 3) but the defense and constant effort and effectiveness throughout possessions on both sides was no less than a great game 7 historical performance. I think his game matured a lot in these playoffs and he showed it in game 7.

That said, Draymond Green's performance was as good or better than anyone's and will unfortunately get lost in the mix. 32 points and 6-8 from 3 and 15 rebounds, one assist from a triple-double, would have gone down as one of the great historical nba finals step-up performances had they won. The irony is that a 10th assist, muchless the game, would have been a lock had Curry and/or Thompson had decent games.

Last thought...a misconception I had was Curry's performance vs. Thompson's. Curry's was actually slightly better in terms of stats, and was only -3 while on the floor to Thompson's -11. Thompson sucked bad and was only 2-10 from 3, to Curry's 4-14. Barnes got a lot of heat for his series performance, but neither one of these other two played near their capabilities in game 7, which are both much greater than Barnes capabilities. Both Curry and Thompson missed numerous extremely make-able shots (for them.)

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
well that should have thoroughly drained all the confidence toronto gained.

xMg9YkY.gif