*** 2016 NBA Playoff thread ***

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Cleveland also lost twice each to Miami, Detroit and Toronto in the regular season. Think Cleveland cares about that? Regular season games != playoffs.

Parity! Miami and Detroit and Toronto are clearly equally as good as Cleveland because of those games, and by proxy, the 90s Bulls because they beat Cleveland this year and there is more parity now than with the Bulls in the 90s!

It's MATH!

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010
Parity! Miami and Detroit and Toronto are clearly equally as good as Cleveland because of those games, and by proxy, the 90s Bulls because they beat Cleveland this year and there is more parity now than with the Bulls in the 90s!

It's MATH!

It was hilarious yet sad listening to Stephen A tear down the Raptors. He's right, no doubt about that but the man could have used some more tact going about it lol.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
GS has bitch slapped the Cavs in almost every head2head matchup, yet you think the sun won't rise during that series? lol. The sun will continue to rise, my friend. GS is like Pedro's Daddy, the Yankees. Yes Lebron and the Cavs were good like Pedro but it won't matter when they mentally know who's their daddy.

Last year is not same as this year, cavs look much deeper and stronger and bigger. Bigger is better and Curry will spread his legs for better on the court like he did in round one.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Bigger is better and Curry will spread his legs for better on the court like he did in round one.

Shit talking is one thing, but you are talking like shit. :p I have no idea what you are even trying to say.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
It was hilarious yet sad listening to Stephen A tear down the Raptors. He's right, no doubt about that but the man could have used some more tact going about it lol.

He's 100% right though. The Raptors best player gave up. Even if he was playing like shit, simply giving his all can help motivate his team. Leaving the court? Bruh, he done.

The Cavs will sweep.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I hope Cleveland loses in the most Cleveland way possible. Curry exploding in the final minutes of a game 7 in a 15 point come back and wins by buzzer better from 35 feet out.

Did you watch last years finals? Even in defeat, James had the best finals performance of any player ever stats wise. I expect nothing less from him this year, and maybe even better. Plus Love & Irving not injured? Yeah, Curry's best won't be good enough. He can hit all the 3's in the world but it won't matter a whole lot if James is getting a triple double every game and Love's hitting double double's like it's nothing. And even with Steph and all his monstrous 3's, Cavs are shooting lights out. Even the bench warmers are sinking trays when they get put in.

I'll say it one last time, last finals GSW struggled against the most crippled team in finals history. Okay maybe struggled isn't the right word. But they lost 2 and were 2 shots from losing a 3rd and Curry got outplayed by Dellavedova in 1 game for shits sake. If GSW plays like they did last year they'll be lucky to win a single game.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Did you watch last years finals? Even in defeat, James had the best finals performance of any player ever stats wise. I expect nothing less from him this year, and maybe even better. Plus Love & Irving not injured? Yeah, Curry's best won't be good enough. He can hit all the 3's in the world but it won't matter a whole lot if James is getting a triple double every game and Love's hitting double double's like it's nothing. And even with all his monstrous 3's, Cavs are shooting lights out. Even the bench warmers are sinking trays when they get put in.

I'll say it one last time, last finals GSW struggled against the most crippled team in finals history.

That doesn't make any sense. LeBron had to perform like that because he was basically the only person on the floor for Cleveland.

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010
That doesn't make any sense. LeBron had to perform like that because he was basically the only person on the floor for Cleveland.

I think it went over your head? GS beat a depleted Cavs team, and LeBron did what he had to do to fight. It's only going to be easier now with two other shooters that GS cannot ignore. They won't be able to throw the kitchen sink at James like last year. He cinched another triple double while steamrolling thru the East and Toronto last night. James stats will be easier to get and more plentiful with his sidekicks in tow. I'd be kind of concerned if I was Steve Kerr, though they've got to get thru the perennial underachiever allstars OKC.

http://nesn.com/2016/05/lebron-james-records-15th-playoff-triple-double-cavs-set-nba-records/

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I think it went over your head? GS beat a depleted Cavs team, and LeBron did what he had to do to fight. It's only going to be easier now with two other shooters that GS cannot ignore. They won't be able to throw the kitchen sink at James like last year. He cinched another triple double while steamrolling thru the East and Toronto last night. James stats will be easier to get and more plentiful with his sidekicks in tow. I'd be kind of concerned if I was Steve Kerr, though they've got to get thru the perennial underachiever allstars OKC.
You guys are looking at last year's finals and projecting what's going to happen this year if it's Cavs vs GSW. A year is a long time, no two teams are the same (except that two guys that were injured last year are OK this year). Not that simple. A year's water under the bridge = different scene. Of course Kerr's concerned, it's his job to be concerned.

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010
You guys are looking at last year's finals and projecting what's going to happen this year if it's Cavs vs GSW. A year is a long time, no two teams are the same (except that two guys that were injured last year are OK this year). Not that simple. A year's water under the bridge = different scene. Of course Kerr's concerned, it's his job to be concerned.

What? Last year GS had it EASY vs the Cavs, NO LOVE AND NO KYRIE. And they had that hard of a time with LeBron all on his own. What the hell do you think is gonna happen with a healthy Cavs team?

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Both GS and CLE are indisputably better this year (at this point in the season), so I wouldn't say anything in a matchup between them is certain (except that no f'ing way AI gets mvp again lol.)

While GS hasn't changed, Curry is obviously better and unpredictably lethal, but I would also say Thompson's additional experience makes him a far more dangerous player too. On the other hand, Irving and Love are healthy and that's huge, but as with the rest of the team, they have 'found their place' within the flow to be far more effective individually and as a team. The biggest factor on the Cavs? A 'preserved' James imo.

My prediction (with all currently healthy players still healthy): Cavs in 6.

(That said, by dismissing OKC this early, I hope I've pissed them off so much that they win the next 3 games.)

Last edited:

3chordcharlie

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2004
Raptors came to play, and for one night it was enough to beat LeBron and the terrible officiating.

Let's just pretend it's ordinary incompetence that sees every 50-50 call go against the same team. I'm not sure when expansion team dues are considered 'paid' but I thought it was two years ago in the series against the Nets.

Edit - I suspect Toronto loses a fair series against Cleveland (60%), especially with no Valanciunas (70%), but they are a good team with a legitimate chance.

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
What? Last year GS had it EASY vs the Cavs, NO LOVE AND NO KYRIE. And they had that hard of a time with LeBron all on his own. What the hell do you think is gonna happen with a healthy Cavs team?
I do not know what's going to happen. Could be a rout either way, although I figure the chances of a GS rout are greater.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
Just goes to show how worthless and weak the GSW team is... the entire regular saeson they play with 8 players, 5 + 3 referees, and in playoffs once the field was even, they are just losing it. Green more interested in this shenanigans rather than the game, curry hiding in the paint or on the bench, once the farce of 3 his pointer "magic" fell apart since illegal screens were pulled... the unraveling of Steve and Adam's circus is just mind blowing.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
albeit a super tiny chance, imagine if the finals end up being OKC vs Raptors.

Last edited:

chitwood

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2008
Just goes to show how worthless and weak the GSW team is... the entire regular saeson they play with 8 players, 5 + 3 referees, and in playoffs once the field was even, they are just losing it. Green more interested in this shenanigans rather than the game, curry hiding in the paint or on the bench, once the farce of 3 his pointer "magic" fell apart since illegal screens were pulled... the unraveling of Steve and Adam's circus is just mind blowing.

That was some awful shooting by GS. During one stretch they missed 13 of 15 shots.

For the game,
Draymond Green
1/9 FG

Curry
3/11 3p's

Thompson
2/8 3p's

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004
I'm almost ready to say OKC is going to win this series. GS better get their defense together. 133 points allowed is ridiculous.

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010
With all the Steph Curry is the GOAT commercials running, the nut thinks it himself lol. It sickens me that someone who thinks himself that great runs from match ups and hides on the bench hardly ever playing any defense.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
I didn't think much of the groin shot, but watching the press conference seems like its in the front and center, Green's suspension may not be that far fetched...

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
albeit a super tiny chance, imagine if the finals end up being OKC vs Raptors.
Is someone going to assassinate LeBron James?

With all the Steph Curry is the GOAT commercials running, the nut thinks it himself lol. It sickens me that someone who thinks himself that great runs from match ups and hides on the bench hardly ever playing any defense.
what does James Harden have to do with Steph Curry?

Sure GSW got wrecked and OKC is again the (slight) favorite in the series, but the Warriors have been through this before. Everyone cried the sky is falling last playoffs when they were down 2-1 twice. On the flip side, OKC is the best team they've faced in two playoff runs, so it'll take a great performance from the champs to take this series.

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010
^^Hmm, it's still too early to tell. GS will want game 4 bad and we'll know if they will win the series if they can take game 4.

CFv0lFxVIAAt9of.jpg

Too soon?

:colbert:

My fav Harden meme.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/25/a3/41/25a3416f7f75845110093ba9b671c817.jpg

Last edited:

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Raptors came to play, and for one night it was enough to beat LeBron and the terrible officiating.

Let's just pretend it's ordinary incompetence that sees every 50-50 call go against the same team. I'm not sure when expansion team dues are considered 'paid' but I thought it was two years ago in the series against the Nets.

Edit - I suspect Toronto loses a fair series against Cleveland (60%), especially with no Valanciunas (70%), but they are a good team with a legitimate chance.

Cleveland didn't show up. Raptors played great on both sides of the ball. I see Cavs winning next 2 games handily. A loss was good for them.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Gut check time for Golden State. Fairy-tale season is getting ready to turn into a pumpkin. Time to see what kind of backbone they have and if they can dig out of a hole.