*** 2016 NBA Playoff thread ***

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
gsw up 2-0.
going to assume they are the presumptive winner and save myself 6+ hrs.

will watch again when the cavs have won 3 games.

/fair weather fan

and yes, Klay's record # of 3pointers in game 6 vs okc saved gsw's ass.
it also broke okc's spirit

Last edited:

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
It's been funny to watch the first two games of the finals after watching Warriors-Thunder. The Thunder had a shot to win because they were extremely physical with the Warriors. The Warriors were forced to up their own physicality to match, and get a miracle game out of Klay. Unfortunately for the Cavs, the Warriors are still playing this physical game from the previous round. The Cavs just came out of a physical series with Toronto, but they don't seem interested in scrapping with Golden State.

People are putting way too much on the last 2 games, Cavs got killed last night. GSW got killed two games with the Thunder. And were down 3-1 not long ago. While it doesn't look good for the Cavs, less than 2 weeks ago it looked even worse for the Warriors. If the Cavs lose the next it's a done deal. But there's still plenty of game left if they win the next at home. When the Warriors were down 3-1 they didn't look like they wanted it either, but shit happens.

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004
People are putting way too much on the last 2 games, Cavs got killed last night. GSW got killed two games with the Thunder. And were down 3-1 not long ago. While it doesn't look good for the Cavs, less than 2 weeks ago it looked even worse for the Warriors. If the Cavs lose the next it's a done deal. But there's still plenty of game left if they win the next at home. When the Warriors were down 3-1 they didn't look like they wanted it either, but shit happens.

This is kinda my feeling too. The Cavs got killed last night but I'm not ready to say GS will win the series. We'll see what GS does on Wednesday.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I've heard it said that neither team is really up on the other until one of them loses a home game.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008

Cleveland has played far better at home during these playoffs, so of course there's still hope for a series. However, we're not looking at only 2 games here... Cleveland hasn't beaten Golden State in a while, and it's easy to see the Warriors sweeping or taking one in Cleveland. I don't really know if Cleveland can take one from them, let alone win back to back.

The Thunder series was very different than this one. The Thunder were bigger AND more physical than the Warriors. This allowed them to dominate games in which the Warriors shot poorly. However, Golden State is the more physical and better shooting team currently in the Finals. We will see if the Cavs bring any fire on Wednesday night.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
it just sucks that the nba playoffs as a whole have been complete and utter shit.

but you know, it's because of all the parity.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I've heard it said that neither team is really up on the other until one of them loses a home game.

yep. Cavs have to win G3, though. They are done otherwise.

When is the last time GS lost 4 in a row? Hell, 3 in a row?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Two. 2012 and 2013.

so he got his rings w/the Miami Heat.
going back to the cavs was a mistake?

edit:
holy Christ.. Michael Jordan isn't even close to the record with 6rings.
Bill Russell of the 1960's Celtics has 11rings. :eek:
in fact, 6 out of 7 players w/7+ rings was a Celtic their entire Ring life :eek:

Robert Horry was the other w/7 rings.
never heard of him :confused:

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

edit:
Bill Russell of the 1960's Celtics has 11rings.
:eek:
in fact, 6 out of 7 players w/7+ rings was a Celtic their entire Ring life :eek:

Bill Russell is a legend--you haven't heard of him?

Horry played with the Lakers and....Bulls, I think? Oh, not the Bulls. The Spurs.

Last edited:

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000

People give LBJ all kinds of crap for his Finals record, but the only Finals series he's choked away was 2011. Even in 2014, the Spurs were a much better team but the narrative was whether the Heat could 3-peat. D-Wade was severely hobbled that year so I wouldn't say LeBron made a mistake going home. You could argue against some of the moves, such as acquiring Kevin Love (win now) or firing David Blatt. I'm rooting for a miracle, but if the Cavs lose, it's because the Dubs are superior; also a little karma for the way they treated Blatt.

Having said that, LB is having a terrible series and he personally led to Blatt's dismissal. Just did not like the coach from day 1. Losing the way he's playing will be a huge mark on his legacy.

I think OKC/CLE would have been a competitive series. OKC is arguably the better team but the Cavs would have had home court. Plus you just can't trust Russell Westbrook. :D

Last edited:

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Bill Russell is a legend--you haven't heard of him?

Horry played with the Lakers and....Bulls, I think? Oh, not the Bulls. The Spurs.

Horry played with rockets, Suns, Lakers and spurs. He was a playoff legend hitting some amazing shots and get the title big shot rob. Oh and he body checked Steve Nash.

Last edited:

ControlD

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005

I don't think leaving Miami was a mistake. That team was on the way down for sure. Bosh has major health issues and Wade is well past his prime. The rest of the supporting cast wasn't much either. Miami had their time, but that time was over.

Going to Cleveland at least he was moving to a team with some good young players.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Horry played with rockets, Suns, Lakers and spurs. He was a playoff legend hitting some amazing shots and get the title big shot rob. Oh and he body checked Steve Nash.

It seems that I was mistaking him for Horace Grant. :D

Dude said Robert Horry and I was like, oh, that dude with the funny goggles?

Oct 20, 2005

edit:
Bill Russell of the 1960's Celtics has 11rings. :eek:

You're a fair weather fan, so makes sense you haven't heard of them.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Honestly thought Cavs were better with Mozgov. He's a bigger banger and actually fought for boards. Plus he's more aggressive to the basket.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Trading away wiggins & waiters for Love is going to be viewed as a historic blunder. They would be so much more flexible, and capable of matching Gold State's small ball if they still had wiggins and waiters. They're really constructed to go up against SA, not GS.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Trading away wiggins & waiters for Love is going to be viewed as a historic blunder. They would be so much more flexible, and capable of matching Gold State's small ball if they still had wiggins and waiters. They're really constructed to go up against SA, not GS.
it's easy to say now, but I'm far from convinced that Kevin Love is a franchise player. Still, LeBron's window may not be long enough to wait for Andrew Wiggins' development. They decided to try to win now while LB is still athletic.

And I just can't take your point seriously because you implied Dion Waiters is indispensable. He was a terrible player in Cleveland, and I was surprised he appeared to be serviceable in OKC.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Cleveland showed up, but I guess they never left to go to the Bay Area. GS starting terrible. Hopefully (for Cavs fans), Cleveland can bury them enough a hot streak won't bring the back back.