2016 Camping thread

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Not 2016 but here's a few pics from this year's camping trip:

That fish was kinda funny and unexpected to catch. The fishing is not exactly that great at the campground we were at, so we go anyway for fun but don't really expect to catch much. Then I catch this thing and manage to get it into the canoe and it's just flopping all over the place. We had no net or bucket or anything.

Reactions: Kaido

Alpha One Seven

Golden Member
Sep 11, 2017
Used to camp a lot, but we built a cabin and put in solar power and just do day trips to see the monuments and sights now.
New equipment is too much to list.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
It is my dream to eventually get a permanent spot, and perhaps even live there some day. Like a decent lake front property kinda deal. Buy and park a camper and then slowly build a cottage.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
After decades of sleeping on foam pads, I bought a camp cot this year. I like it. I spent over a month "camping" this year. I put camping in quotes because camping on work projects includes generators, lights, internet, and other annoyances. Home is quieter.