2015 NFL draft and offseason thread: How will the Browns screw up this year?

Page 48 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Who will be the 1.01 selection of the 2015 NFL Draft?

• QB Jameis Winston, Florida State

• DE Randy Gregory, Nebraska

• DT Leonard Williams, USC

• WR Amari Cooper, Alabama

• QB Marcus Mariotta, Oregon

Results are only viewable after voting.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
What's your W/L prediction for them this year?

I think they will get 10+ wins, if Bradford stays healthy. I always thought Bradford was a good QB, just unlucky in the knee department.

Honestly, they will fight the Cowboys for the division and either might make the wildcard in the NFC as well.

EDIT: I also think they have a fairly injury prone O Line, which could really hurt them. DeMarco is a good back in a system with good blocking. Once they start losing starters on the line, his production will go down.

Last edited:

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I think they will get 10+ wins, if Bradford stays healthy. I always thought Bradford was a good QB, just unlucky in the knee department.

Honestly, they will fight the Cowboys for the division and either might make the wildcard in the NFC as well.

EDIT: I also think they have a fairly injury prone O Line, which could really hurt them. DeMarco is a good back in a system with good blocking. Once they start losing starters on the line, his production will go down.

Yeah, they really can't afford an injury on the O-line. I think the secondary will be much improved, but we really won't know until the shooting starts.

If everything breaks their way -- with Alonso, with Bradford, performance in the secondary -- they have a chance to be kick ass. One thing's for sure, agree with his moves or not, Chip has huge cojones.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Yeah, they really can't afford an injury on the O-line. I think the secondary will be much improved, but we really won't know until the shooting starts.

If everything breaks their way -- with Alonso, with Bradford, performance in the secondary -- they have a chance to be kick ass. One thing's for sure, agree with his moves or not, Chip has huge cojones.

I think the Eagles were tired of barely making it / not making it. They told Chip "here you go, live by the sword or die by it". They are letting him build his team and if it works, great. If not, he is totally to blame. He certainly is making big moves. It reminds me of Jimmy Johnson and the Cowboys. As a Cowboys fan, I hope he doesn't get those results though. >_>

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I think the Eagles were tired of barely making it / not making it. They told Chip "here you go, live by the sword or die by it". They are letting him build his team and if it works, great. If not, he is totally to blame. He certainly is making big moves. It reminds me of Jimmy Johnson and the Cowboys. As a Cowboys fan, I hope he doesn't get those results though. >_>

They were most certainly never going deep in the playoffs with Sanchez as their starting QB.

I don't think they told Chip anything, though. I think Chip told them, and when Howie Roseman objected, he found his title changed and his office moved far away.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003

+1

I got a chance to watch the first 2 quarters of the game tonight, Bradford looks very comfortable. However, the GB defense was swiss cheese, not sure what's up with that, but the were BAD. Even with a bad defense you still have to read/run the route/hit the hole/make the pass, and they were for the most part.

I think it's going to be to be 10 wins for each +/-1 unless Bradford goes down early in the year.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003

Chip has made a ton of moves and I think at first everyone was WTF?! You have to do that to rebuild and he's managed it in one year (WITHOUT hitting big in the draft), pretty amazing. Gotta hand it to him, it's his team now. I'm impressed, but of course I hope you fuckers fold like a cheap deck of cards. :whiste:

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I got a chance to watch the first 2 quarters of the game tonight, Bradford looks very comfortable. However, the GB defense was swiss cheese, not sure what's up with that, but the were BAD. Even with a bad defense you still have to read/run the route/hit the hole/make the pass, and they were for the most part.

More than just comfortable, Bradford looked money. He saw the whole field, and every single throw was exactly where it had to be. It was preseason, but you couldn't have asked for better.

If he stays upright and behind center the whole season -- a big if, to be sure -- the O will score a shit ton of points.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
More than just comfortable, Bradford looked money. He saw the whole field, and every single throw was exactly where it had to be. It was preseason, but you couldn't have asked for better.

If he stays upright and behind center the whole season -- a big if, to be sure -- the O will score a shit ton of points.

I always thought Bradford, when playing, looked good. He didn't play terrible for the Rams, he just got two big injuries.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
bradford won't even make it the 10 games you think he could win. he's more brittle than rg3.

Ban Bot

Jun 1, 2010
Fred Jackson is in Seattle, apparently there is mutual interest.

Fred Jackson and Beast Mode are friends. This is an odd move though.

Jackson is 34, and while he started his career late at 27 years old in 2007 34 is old. His yards per carry was 3.7 yards last season (525 yards on 141 carries) and he has missed 14 games over the last 4 seasons.

On the plus side he 66 catches for 501 yards last season. And he is a fantastic pass blocking back. Seattle's interior line is a mess, verging on disaster, right now. Having a veteran back who can block well and catch would be excellent on 3rd down. Spelling Lynch will be important and Jackson, if healthy, could do that.

So who does Seattle cut?

Robert Turbin? He has 1x year on his contract and cutting him will save Seattle a little money this year. Fans love him for his huge biceps but he cannot break a tackle and has limited vision. Solid pass blocker, solid receiver, and reliable. Had double hip surgery in the off season. Has not ran well this pre-season... but the line has been horrible. Wild card: Russell Wilson's roommate on the road.

Christine Michael? Has 2x years on his contract and while cheaper than Turbo this year he gets a solid bump next year as he was a 2nd round back. I am not as down on him as fans are. The line blocking has been horrible but he has been able to break a couple nice runs. Last week he bounced a carry backside when the hole didn't materialized and picked up 29 yards down to the 2. Fans at Field Gulls were killing him for not steam rolling the safety (he dove for the pylon) which shows you how much fans are down on him. Turbo gets a 7 yard loss on the next play but fans love him but CMike rips off a 29 yard run on horrible blocking and fans kill him for not risking injury in the preseason. CMike has blocked well this pre-season (even knocked a KC player out... nasty block... felt horrible for the defender) and has had a couple nice carries. He had 1 fumble, which is the knock on him. Of course the next play Tavaris Jackson fumbled the snap and the next play the Tight End had the ball slip right through his hands. It was really rainy and replays show CMike fumbled because the defender in the backfield punched the ball right after the QB/RB exchange when CMike was switching hands to put the ball away from the defender. CMike is really talented -- but I get the feeling CMike, as he doesn't play special teams and thus not active on game day, is the trade bait. Which is too bad because he is better than Turbo and a possible feature back.

>> Watch for Houston or Dallas to make a play for CMike.

The other option is Derrick Coleman, the deaf Fullback. Doubtful but Jackson does a lot of what Coleman does. Except special teams (Coleman is a stud) and lead block. So I doubt this.

If you area Houston or Dallas fan get really excited if you get CMike.

Feel fleeced if you get Turbo.

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
So Will Smith is starring as a doctor in a movie about concussions in the NFL. Oh boy.

The highlight is his night therapy scenes on the concussion ward with the 'head nurse.'
Turns out the nurse is male. His name tag says Fred Harder, R.N., but, for some reason, Smith keeps calling him "Bob" . . . yelling it out, really . . . "Bob Harder, Bob Harder!"
D:

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
49ers cut Dockett. I think he will be picked up off waivers.

While I hope since it clears additional cap space, I think its unlikely. He has cracked/bruised ribs and would probably be better off signed after Week 1 so teams don't have to guarantee his full salary.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
in bizarro land, reports that tebow to be cut and bobby three sticks won't.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
and in the land neighboring bizarro land, the independent neurologist assigned to the redskins that put bobby three sticks back into the concussion protocol has resigned his position, but will still be in charge of clearing him.