2012 Steam Halloween Sale!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zorander

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2010
I'm sort of regretting not scamming Dead Space 1&2 out of the Origin coupon fiasco. Are they worth a play through at $7.50?
Well worth it IMO.

I had a blast playing both 1 & 2. I like it that they gave Isaac a voice in 2; it was odd playing a mute character in 1.

I also picked up Amnesia. I wonder how it compares to the Dead Space series in terms of scariness. The lack of weapons in the game should be a good indication already.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I also picked up Amnesia. I wonder how it compares to the Dead Space series in terms of scariness.

It doesn't. Dead Space isn't really a horror game. It's a third person action shooter, albeit with a creepy atmosphere.

Amnesia, on the other hand, is a true horror game. :) You're in for a treat. Play in a dark room with headphones on and let us know how it goes.

Zorander

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2010
It doesn't. Dead Space isn't really a horror game. It's a third person action shooter, albeit with a creepy atmosphere.
That explains why I can't really recall Dead Space as truly scary. It was more fun than scary.

Amnesia, on the other hand, is a true horror game. :) You're in for a treat. Play in a dark room with headphones on and let us know how it goes.
Cool. I have a pretty good headphone setup (long-time Head-fi member) so I should be covered for audio.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Halloween had some good sales, but I am going to wait for the steam holiday christmas / new years sale.

Nothing was on sale that I really wanted anyway.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
UFO Extraterrestrials Gold is only 2.49.

According to Metacritic the biggest complaint is that 40 bucks was too damn much for a lame Xcom clone.

Does anyone think this is an acceptable bargain bin title?

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
He is right in this case. The Walking Dead is one of the best games made in years. It is on another level of awesome. I don't think I have ever played another game like it.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like it. I like to see the good games get noticed and encourage PC gaming in general. But sometimes I wonder how the HELL does he play so many games? Haha.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
grabbed TWD ( which even the first episode was awesome!)
Prototype2
Orcs must die 1 and 2 and the DLC.

not too bad.

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
yesterday i saw hellyeah on a stream... it seemed pretty fun! and hilariously absurd

if i had known before i would have bought it

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I... feel strange. This is the first sale where I bought nothing. Well, I was actually planning on buying four things, but I was too lazy to change my credit card over (had a new one issued recently). I thought the sale ended this weekend, but it actually ended yesterday. :oops: