2011 NL MVP Ryan Braun tests positive for PEDs, faces 50-game ban

jaysen

Sep 17, 2007
And that's why they should have given it to matt kemp...

Last edited by a moderator:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I'm speechless on this. His entire career is gone now. Everything he did and everything he will do. I am a die-hard Brewer fan. Braun was on the road to immortality with the Brewers b eing signed through 2020. Now this. It's all over.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
And that's why they should have given it to matt kemp...

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

LOL right.
Any proof Kemp (and countless others) don't juice. I'm pretty much sure you can bet 51%+ do or have done something.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
I guess we can't call him the hebrew hammer anymore. he'll be known as the hebrew dopper from now on.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
LOL right.
Any proof Kemp (and countless others) don't juice. I'm pretty much sure you can bet 51%+ do or have done something.

Matt Kemp doesn't juice. He sticks to allegedly raping girls with 3 teammates. He keeps it real.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
He doesn't have the typical PED muscle build and a second test was negative. I'd give him a pass till the matter is sorted. I don't understand why MLB announces positive results when they allow for a player to clear their name.

Anyway, if he his guilty and others who are I don't understand why they aren't automatically stripped of awards or why their contracts aren't nullified.

Wordplay

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2010
He doesn't have the typical PED muscle build and a second test was negative. I'd give him a pass till the matter is sorted. I don't understand why MLB announces positive results when they allow for a player to clear their name.

Anyway, if he his guilty and others who are I don't understand why they aren't automatically stripped of awards or why their contracts aren't nullified.
Yeah he doesn't look that buff. Seems kind of odd that allowed him to be named the NL MVP knowing what he was going to face soon.

hclarkjr

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
poor brewers will be without 2 key players at the start of next year, braun to PED's and fielder to whoever pays him the most

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

The award is not handed out by the MLB it's the writers association.

Yeah he doesn't look that buff. Seems kind of odd that allowed him to be named the NL MVP knowing what he was going to face soon.

Again, the MLB A) didn't release anything as of yet. B) The people that award the MVP are not the MLB itself. It is the MLB writers whom I'm sure had no clue

poor brewers will be without 2 key players at the start of next year, braun to PED's and fielder to whoever pays him the most

do NOT get me started.
Also "welcome to professional sports!" :)

a123456

Oct 26, 2006
The award is not handed out by the MLB it's the writers association.

Writers never take anything away. A-rod, Giambi, Sosa, Bonds, etc. still have their MVPs. People still dope because the risk-reward is there. He'll miss 50 games and about 2M worth of salary supposedly. However, his huge production landed him a 140M+ contract so obviously, it's not a great deterrent.

He'll lose some endorsements and won't get a fat next contract but 140M is more than most baseball people make in their lifetimes.

I'm mixed about the killing your contract if you test positive. It would be a huge deterrent to players but then some teams might have enough financial incentive to spike the test to get out of a huge bad contract.

rcpratt

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
Too bad. I'm sure there's still plenty of this running around, though. You can always find a way to beat the system.

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009
Not happy to hear this. What's more likely - a false positive or a false negative? Were they done in a long enough time frame that a positive followed by a negative could both be the correct outcome?

I need more info.

May 13, 2009
The first sample was sent to the World Anti Doping Agency lab to confirm results and they confirmed what MLB had thought. The testosterone was synthetic.

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
I used to work with Arthur Ting (Barry Bonds dealer doctor), he says that 95% of MLB is using something.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I used to work with Arthur Ting (Barry Bonds dealer doctor), he says that 95% of MLB is using something.

maybe so, but I also wouldn't trust the word of a charlatan. Guy might as well be as medically unethical as a Hollywood plastic surgeon.

swanysto

Golden Member
May 8, 2005
Not all steroid make you buff. There are steroids that cut fat, there are also steroids that increase endurance in muscles(see Professional Bikers). Keep in mind you can work out all your life and not look buff, but you can be strong as hell. When it comes to muscles, bigger does not always mean stronger. You can blow your muscles up by working out and taking a lot of protein. Watch for the guy in the gym who is huge but still benches like 225.

Don't know if he really was/is doing them, but either way, people will see him as tainted.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
He's a moron. They should have given it to Kemp anyway, crushed Braun in just about every major category. Braun will probably never be the same just like Manny after he was caught. What a waste.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
I'm mixed about the killing your contract if you test positive. It would be a huge deterrent to players but then some teams might have enough financial incentive to spike the test to get out of a huge bad contract.

I lol'd.

Sentrosi2121

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2004
I felt like someone just went Tim Masthay on my balls when I read that last night.

I'm shocked. Genuinely shocked. It's not like he raked in 100HR this season or came into camp yoked up. Ryan was going to be our Derek Jeter. Now he has this albatross hanging around his neck. Brewers are done this year and going forward, I won't see a winning Brewer season for another 5 to 7 years. Which is a pity, because we had something magical going on in Milwaukee. And now it's lost.

Really felt like burning my Braun jersey last night. But I'll wait to see the results of the appeal before doing this.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
League should start going after these guys money. If he lost 20-30 million in future contracts others would be slow to copy him.

Time to take the drugs out of the game with stiffer fines. Then start going after their estates...