2008 MINI Cooper S [With Pics]

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Maximus96
Originally posted by: Xyclone
are you going to put stripes on it?

The stripes come with the sports package, although you can get them as a standalone option. I was going to get aftermarket springs to lower the car and stiffen up the suspension. The MINI boards (and IamWiz, thanks for the advice :)) say that you can do better and cheaper aftermarket as far as suspension is concerned. I don't want to rice the car by putting stripes without changing the stock handling.

Cliffs: I will put stripes once I modify the suspension.

i'm looking at aftermarket as well. i don't care much for the stock angled stripes, and the "sport" stripes fall short of the front and rear bumper. let me know what you go with. I see on Mighty Stripes and Aesthetics Creations that a full stripe kit is about $240...very pricey for plain vinyl.

is the stock handling not good enough? every review boast the "go-cart-like" handling.

I have come to the conclusion that the stock handling is amazing and the only reason I would buy springs is to lower the ride height, mainly for looks.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Xyclone
are you going to put stripes on it?

The stripes come with the sports package, although you can get them as a standalone option. I was going to get aftermarket springs to lower the car and stiffen up the suspension. The MINI boards (and IamWiz, thanks for the advice :)) say that you can do better and cheaper aftermarket as far as suspension is concerned. I don't want to rice the car by putting stripes without changing the stock handling.

Cliffs: I will put stripes once I modify the suspension.

i'm looking at aftermarket as well. i don't care much for the stock angled stripes, and the "sport" stripes fall short of the front and rear bumper. let me know what you go with. I see on Mighty Stripes and Aesthetics Creations that a full stripe kit is about $240...very pricey for plain vinyl.

is the stock handling not good enough? every review boast the "go-cart-like" handling.

The Sport suspension basically just sitffens it up to the way it was when MINI first came to the US. In 2005 (IIRC) MINI softened everything due to owner complaints.

As for stripes, the quality of the vinyl does make a huge difference if you are installing yourself. I ordered two different sets from Mighty Stripes and was very happy with the quality.

The generic crap I have worked with when applying stripes usually ends with my flipping out because the stupid stuff will not lay properly.