2007FP Display Settings

AalexX136

Mar 20, 2006
Well, I posted this on the dell forums and no answer so I thought I would try you guys over here.

I just got my brand new 2007FP monitor and I set it up on a DVI-D connection for the somewhat better color quality. Anyways, since there is no audoadjust option with this connection I have been trying to configure the monitor so it takes up as much area possible. The only problem is I dont have all the options under "Display Settings" to configure my monitor properly. If you go to http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/m...#Using%20the%20Front%20Panel%20Buttons
and scroll down to the section called "Accessing the Menu System" and scroll even further to the "Display Settings" section you will notice there are options for the following: Wide Mode, H Position, V Position, Sharpness, Zoom, Horizontal Pan, Vertical Pan, Pixel Clock, Phase, Audio Options, Display Info, Display reset and of course Exit Menu and Back...

Now, when I go into this section in my menu the only options listed are Wide Mode, Sharpness, Zoom, Audio Options, Display Info, Display Reset and Back and Exit. Wide Mode, Sharpness, and Zoom are all greyed out and cannot be accessed.

So, how do I go about fixing this and being able to configure my monitor correctly?

Thank you for any help in advance.

xtknight

Elite Member
Oct 15, 2004
DVI should automatically take up the whole area perfectly because it's a digital connection. This is not the case with analog which is why those options then appear. You have a black area around your screen and you're using DVI? Are you running at the native resolution (1600x1200 for Dell 2007FP)? I think Wide Mode and Zoom appear when using a lower resolution? Sharpness is usually only available on analog (it's an alias for "phase" or "clock" adjustment), but some DSPs like Samsung's allow DVI sharpness adjustment. Apparently the Genesis DSP used by the Dell does not allow this.

Edit: grammar

AalexX136

Mar 20, 2006
Well, I could be wrong on this and I probably am. But when I look at the monitor and compare the actual edge of the screen to what appears there seems to be like 3 millimeters or so on all four sides. Its a very small amount but none the less something I think should be fixed. In other cases it seems the exact opposite, where the area i have does not fit in the screen. For example, when I maximize Firefox I dont see the blue outline that comes with that window... instead that doesnt appear because the area I have set is bigger then the screen its self. I dont know, maybe im just blind but I guess I am seeing both, lol.