2007 is deadliest year in Iraq

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
The progress being made? Since when has iraqi violence been linear and predictable? That's why it's important to look at the year as a whole as well as month to month.

tomywishbone

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2006
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Originally posted by: shadow9d9
This thread is nothing more than a partisan effort to counter the noted progress being made during the last five months in Iraq. While the title and stats are true, the entire intent is obviously disingenuous... I would have given at least an ounce of respect to the OP if he had also acknowledged the recent progress - which would have been much more honest. But, instead, we get one sentence of partisan crap: "IMO, the carnage is only going to continue... for many years."

bah...

Progress.... *shakes head*
Yes, "progress." It's the exact opposite of what you and yours consider "good news"!

So the invasion, occupation, robbery and systematic mass-murder is working out and now you're happy? Excellent. Carry on...

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
This thread is nothing more than a partisan effort to counter the noted progress being made during the last five months in Iraq. While the title and stats are true, the entire intent is obviously disingenuous... I would have given at least an ounce of respect to the OP if he had also acknowledged the recent progress - which would have been much more honest. But, instead, we get one sentence of partisan crap: "IMO, the carnage is only going to continue... for many years."

bah...

Progress.... *shakes head*
Yes, "progress." It's the exact opposite of what you and yours consider "good news"!

"Us against them" mentality... What exactly is "my and mine"?... Please enlighten us with some quotes to back up your assumptions....

Didn't think so.
simple: "you and yours" refers to all of you who ignore or deny the recent (last five months) progress being made in Iraq.

Does the shoe fit?

No and I've stated about 100 times why.. I guess I could look to copy and paste previous statements... Y

ou said "It's the exact opposite of what you and yours consider "good news"" Please state what I and others consider to be good news.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
you said "It's the exact opposite of what you and yours consider "good news"" Please state what I and others consider to be good news.
answer: any negative press concerning Bush, Iraq, or America in general. Many people here seem to thrive on it, as it somehow justifies their agenda.

Perhaps I'm wrong about you specifically, but it does apply to too many damn people around here...

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
you said "It's the exact opposite of what you and yours consider "good news"" Please state what I and others consider to be good news.
answer: any negative press concerning Bush, Iraq, or America in general. Many people here seem to thrive on it, as it somehow justifies their agenda.

Perhaps I'm wrong about you specifically, but it does apply to too many damn people around here...

..agenda supporting selective indignation. they wear it like their ear rings face bolts and neck tat's.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Stoneburner
The progress being made? Since when has iraqi violence been linear and predictable? That's why it's important to look at the year as a whole as well as month to month.

Yep. It's like the stock market. You cant judge it on a day to day basis, but look at the overal picture-it always gets better.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004

That is my point.. You cannot adopt a Us vs them argument without assuming. It makes it easy to just assume someone that disagrees with you on one issue must also disagree with you on every other issue.

People have the ability to be independent thinkers.. it is rare, but it exists.

Additionally, I think you know as well as I do that no one celebrates more deaths... so stop being silly. They may use it to show that they had been right all along, but they didn't do the killing nor ever support the occupation to begin with..

Do you suggest that people who are against this occupation should ignore deaths that occur during something they do not support? Less deaths than all time highs are still nothing to jump at... it is grasping at straws.

If over the next 3 years, deaths continue to go down on a steady basis and Iraq becomes a more stable place, EVERYONE will celebrate. Until then, people have the right to be skeptical, considering just how much has gone wrong until this point.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: blackangst1
Originally posted by: Stoneburner

Yep. It's like the stock market. You cant judge it on a day to day basis, but look at the overal picture-it always gets better.

Really? Iraq isn't even at the level of security it had late 2004 to early 2005. Stop making up facts. If you look at the large picture iraq has gotten worse year on year.

Either one of two things will now occur. A) The ringleaders of the civil war in Iraq will lay low and wait for america to leave. America cannot sustain 100k plus troops more than a year longer according to army officials. A fter america leaves, then we have what we all know was coming anyway. B) Violence will shoot up much sooner.

either way looks bad.