2006 BMW 3-Series, 2005 BMW 1-Series & BMW M6

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

wasssup

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
i'd buy a 1-series if it were around $14-$15k (cheap rwd car, though given how underpowered it is i wonder how driftable it is...)

but last i heard they wanted to sell it for around $26k...f that.

SHoddyCOmp

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2002
All models will be powered by longitudinally mounted, in-line four-cylinder engines driving the rear wheels - typical BMW, but still unique in this class. Entry-level models will be equipped with a 1.6-liter, 90-hp engine.

WTF!?!? Thats WEAK. It will never replace my baby ... :) Long live the 2002.

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
reading a couple posts on there I find it retarded that those guys "race" and "lurk" to be the first poster of car news. Do they really sit there refreshing their caranddriver pages waiting for new news to come out?

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: SHoddyCOmp
All models will be powered by longitudinally mounted, in-line four-cylinder engines driving the rear wheels - typical BMW, but still unique in this class. Entry-level models will be equipped with a 1.6-liter, 90-hp engine.

Don't worry....they will only sale the 1.6L over in Europe. Not here in the states at all, in fact they will eventually have an M1 or M2... :D

Gulzakar

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
As far as the 1 series, if they could make it similar to the GTI golf with greater reliability and brand association, then it would be worth it. I like zippy, cool hatchbacks...but the GTI golf is just a rolling POS

SHoddyCOmp

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2002
Originally posted by: Chadder007
Originally posted by: SHoddyCOmp

Don't worry....they will only sale the 1.6L over in Europe. Not here in the states at all, in fact they will eventually have an M1 or M2... :D

There are already M1's they are classics, VERY few were made! Check this link
And unnoficial M2's aswell, they are created by 2002 owners swapping in the E30 M3 engine (S14) to their cars Check this out too
I serioulsy hope they dont plan to make an M1, that would kill the original cars name and to me bring it to an all time low for naming cars. M2's well.. same goes for that and long live the 2002s, again :)