2003 Accord Coupe spy pics.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Looking at it again, I really like the design. However, the rear wheelwell looks to be smaller than the front! It just doesn't look right to me...

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
nice coupe. methinks Toyota needs to get a clue on how to design cars from Honda?

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Looks like a cockroach (though I'm not a fan of the current model either). Looks like it has been stretches and flattened. Look at the design cues:

'03 CL-Type S front air dam with '02 Civic headlights, door/greenhouse area of the current Accord coupe, and the rear-end/tailight design of the Mercedes CL Coupe.

Overall, it looks like an overblown Civic and it looks too plain. I hope they do better with the Sedan.

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: NFS4
Looks like a cockroach (though I'm not a fan of the current model either). Looks like it has been stretches and flattened. Look at the design cues:

'03 CL-Type S front air dam with '02 Civic headlights, door/greenhouse area of the current Accord coupe, and the rear-end/tailight design of the Mercedes CL Coupe.

Overall, it looks like an overblown Civic and it looks too plain. I hope they do better with the Sedan.

I sorta agree. I like the current design, with its sharp design. I only type of curves I like are the ones on like Vipers, Corvettes, etc. The accord just doesnt look right without its sharp corners. Thats why I really liked the accord better than the solara

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: werk
Looking at it again, I really like the design. However, the rear wheelwell looks to be smaller than the front! It just doesn't look right to me...
Exactly. And it makes it look woosy.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
And I thought that Honda was supposed to be going "radical" with this design of the Accord?? This doesn't look radical to me; it just looks derivative. And since the Coupe is supposed to be the styling trendsetter for the Accord lineup, it ain't looking too good for the Sedan :(

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
the rear looks like a Mercedes, and the front looks like an Altima..

yay...
rolleye.gif

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Am I the only one who thinks this looks like it's been photochopped? In the bottom pic, look at how high the rear is, and then look at how level it is in the top pic. The wheel wells also don't match up. And why would a test vehicle need a license plate?

psteng19

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2000
front headlights looks like the altimas.
rear looks like it's from one of the MB CLK coupes.
bottom pic looks like an RSX

not only does the rear wheelwell look smaller, the rear wheels looks smaller too.

overall looks like a Acura CL?
rolleye.gif

PCHO

Apr 3, 2001
Anyone else have good info on the upcoming Accord? I like the syling on the new ones and I'm looking forward to seeing what additional changes they made not to mention the sedan pics. I would assume that the pricing would be similar to that of a new 2002 Accord. Anyone think otherwise?

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
Just because they have one slip doesn't mean they'll stop trying to keep the good info to themselves up until the release date. That's always been Honda's way, as mentioned in the caption.

DJediMaster

Dec 27, 2000
One word...fugly!
The front looks like the Chrysler Sebring and the rear like a wannabe Mercedes SLK.

Nemesis77

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
I would once like to see a japanese car with ORIGINAL design! They always seem to mix 'n match design-elements from other cars! The rear of this new Honda looks like a Mercedes, and the front does remind me of Chrysler Sebring.

Move along, nothing to see here!

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I would once like to see a japanese car with ORIGINAL design! They always seem to mix 'n match design-elements from other cars! The rear of this new Honda looks like a Mercedes, and the front does remind me of Chrysler Sebring.

Other than the PT cruiser, which was more hype than anything, and which is starting to really show sales slumps, "original" cars don't sell well. There is a reason why honda/toyota/nissan/ect put out mundane and fairly bland cars - PEOPLE BUY THEM.

Nemesis77

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
Originally posted by: vi_edit
Other than the PT cruiser, which was more hype than anything, and which is starting to really show sales slumps, "original" cars don't sell well. There is a reason why honda/toyota/nissan/ect put out mundane and fairly bland cars - PEOPLE BUY THEM.

By "original" I don't mean cars that look strange or radical. What I mean is cars that look... well, original. Usually japanese cars (well, all manufacturers are quilty of this, but it's most blatant in the japanese brands) look like rip-offs of other cars. They just copy the appearance of their competitors cars. Like this new Honda. The tail is a copy of Mercedes.

pac1085

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
Looks like photoshop work to me. The wheel wells are way off, the back tire looks crooked and not hitting the ground like it should be. And if its 2 and a half months before its supposed to go public why isnt it wrapped up like most pre-release cars and in some remote place where no one can see it? And why would there be plates on it? This pic screams fake to me.

Another thing, its hosted on a graphics designer's website. FAKE!