2000 Election

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
I like how the democrats(Terry McAuliffe) would like to take credit for saying that it was Clintons armed forces that won the war, but they won't take responsibility for the economy that was handed off to bush. I don't blame clinton for how the economy took a down turn nor would I blame them for the Enron type problems that started during his administration. But for them to try and place blame on Bush for the economy and take credit for the ability of the armed forces is why they probably won't be getting my vote.

KK

orion7144

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2002

Originally posted by: KK
I like how the democrats(Terry McAuliffe) would like to take credit for saying that it was Clintons armed forces that won the war, but they won't take responsibility for the economy that was handed off to bush. I don't blame clinton for how the economy took a down turn nor would I blame them for the Enron type problems that started during his administration. But for them to try and place blame on Bush for the economy and take credit for the ability of the armed forces is why they probably won't be getting my vote.

KK

cpumaster

Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by: KK

KK

Democrat doesn't have any interesting candidates anyway, yet Bush is actually not much better than any of them...too bad we can't get an intelligent president like Clinton with moral conviction of Bush with centrist point of view (like the majority of americans)

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: cpumaster
Democrat doesn't have any interesting candidates anyway, yet Bush is actually not much better than any of them...too bad we can't get an intelligent president like Clinton with moral conviction of Bush with centrist point of view (like the majority of americans)
Given Bush's problems with dishonesty, arrogance, favoritism to special interests, etc., I'd like to set the bar a little higher on moral conviction. There's a difference between moral and self-righteous.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Moonie, here's your chance.

Prove to us all that Gore won the election and the USSC vote was the reason or whatever drivel it is you keep posting in so many threads.

It's time to put up or shut up moonie.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Alistar7
what will they do once 2004 rolls by? keep crying?

Yep and guess what, a lot of people have joined us in crying, while we all are standing in the damn unemployment line with our measly $600 check, if you were lucky to get a check. :p

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by: ConclamoLudus
This is true. He could fall into his father's trap. People will naturally blame him for the economy if it keeps getting worse. 2004 debates will be very interesting and probably very heated.

THAT will be something to watch. Seeing how hysterically sad Bush's public speaking skills are even on his canned speeches, I imagine these debates will take place on Comedy Central.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Ben Johnson won the olympic 100 meter race but because he had drugs in his system he was disqualified...
The 2000 election was somewhat similar in nature except the winner of the race was helped across the line by the Court system and a variety of other occurances. This helping should not have occured and therefore, the winner should have been the eliminated from contention...
The court system by helping, installed a person who otherwise would have not made it.
florida and USSC
USCOCR

You will see that the law said gore could choose what to recount he did and could have done many things but, was challenged on the bogus 14 ammendment clause and it should never have gone to the (I think) 11th circuit and certainly not the USSC.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: HJD1
Ben Johnson won the olympic 100 meter race but because he had drugs in his system he was disqualified...
The 2000 election was somewhat similar in nature except the winner of the race was helped across the line by the Court system and a variety of other occurances. This helping should not have occured and therefore, the winner should have been the eliminated from contention...
The court system by helping, installed a person who otherwise would have not made it.
florida and USSC
USCOCR

You will see that the law said gore could choose what to recount he did and could have done many things but, was challenged on the bogus 14 ammendment clause and it should never have gone to the (I think) 11th circuit and certainly not the USSC.

Your analogy might work if our system did punish those who "cheat" by total disqualification, but that isn't the case in the US. I seem to recall a few scandals involving dead people voting in recent history, were the campaigns that were responsible for stuffing the box with dead people's votes automatically disqualified?

But still even if we did disqualify people for "cheating", where is your proof that:
A. Bush cheated?
B. Gore would have won if Bush hadn't cheated?

Nice links - but front pages don't prove much. The onus is on you since you are making the accusations.:)

CkG

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Gore Won.
-from the other thread;)

NORC's website:
"The goal of the project is not to declare a ?winner,? but rather to carefully examine the ballots to assess the relative reliability of the three major types of ballot systems used in Florida."

Gore Lost - Get over it :D

CkG

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Since it seems to crop up in EVERY DAMN THREAD and then takes it over....HERE IS YOUR Thread!

Bash Bush as an election stealer or Gore as a tree-huggin communist - I don't care - JUST KEEP IT OUT OF THE OTHER THREADS!!!!

:|:|:|

CkG

LOL

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: HJD1
florida and USSC
USCOCR

Your analogy might work if our system did punish those who "cheat" by total disqualification, but that isn't the case in the US. I seem to recall a few scandals involving dead people voting in recent history, were the campaigns that were responsible for stuffing the box with dead people's votes automatically disqualified?

But still even if we did disqualify people for "cheating", where is your proof that:
A. Bush cheated?
B. Gore would have won if Bush hadn't cheated?

Nice links - but front pages don't prove much. The onus is on you since you are making the accusations.:)

CkG

Yeah... I know...;) rook to QB4 and I offer a stalemate but, seeing how you out number my pieces I'd resign instead... I think I do... You win... Bush won..!!! The Supreme Court Made is so.... legaly.... thank goodness!