20-year-old student named police chief in Mexico town

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
The war on drugs has easily caused more problems than drug users, or abusers.

'nough said.

-John

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Well when Columbia had that little drug problem, guess who stepped in to help clean it up?

I dont know why we havent done the same with Mexico already when its right next to us. Arguably the Mexican cartels are no where near what the cartels in Columbia were back in the 1980s.

The Sinaloan Cartel is more global, more violent and much richer than the Columbians ever were. These guys push the Columbians out of their own game.

The Sinaloan Cartel now extends all through South America and even runs drugs into Europe now.

They also extend all throughout the USA and Canada and even have active hit squads within the US borders openly operating. These guys are no joke.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
le sigh. brave and young, but a rape waiting to happen.

This. Very sad. She's still just a little girl. They must be getting really desperate if they're sending kids in.

Mexico is sadly like so many other Latin American countries. Government corruption runs amok. It's one of the primary reasons why foreign aid doesn't work in these situations, and why the war on drugs isn't working.

You have a perfect storm. The Western world has an insatiable demand for cocaine. Legalizing it won't stop the illicit trade either. If it's not blow, it becomes something else. They'll just move to a different narcotic. Trade in illegal goods is far too lucrative. Doesn't matter what that good is.

It's not the drug itself that's the problem but a total disregard for the rule of law. Mexico is a heavily divided nation. Between it's lawless north and impoverished south, revolutionaries and cartels hold more authority and trust from the public than the official government.

Problem is it's spilling over the border. Violent Latin gangs are taking up residents in the city. They're the salesmen for the cartels. This is the primary reason why the US needs to get immigration under control on its southern border. Those sneaking under the fence are not all poor farmers looking for a better life.

The US also needs to start taking measures to help Mexico address its corruption problem, since it is becoming a joint policy issue. What those measures would be, I don't know. It's a very complex issue. One thing's for sure, this type of drug trade is rapidly becoming a North American problem. It's not just isolated to Mexico anymore.

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
It never was isolated to Mexico.

We're the consumers!

The only thing that makes this trade bad, is that we have made it illegal.

Regarding, that they will only find the next illegal thing to extort... well, maybe or maybe not. Maybe they make a living off of selling Cocaine.

Throw the next hideous thing at me, that they might do.

-John

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've met him a couple of times...quite the crackpot.

from that article:

"he was still in the sixth grade when he was 16.

"I knowed the sixth grade," Bagley said, chuckling. "It was a hard life for everyone."

Bagley never made it to the seventh grade, dropping out and taking a job in a cotton mill earning 75 cents an hour in Columbus, Ga."

Oh, I have no doubt he's batshit insane. Still inspiring overall, though. :thumbsup:

Bagley's problem, Giventer said, is in the details. For example, the push to annex a sovereign country of nearly 110 million people.
LOL. It's not like we would have to take them by force. :biggrin: If we declared Mexico as part of the US, they'd probably have a fiesta for a month straight.

Though, if it did cause them to suddenly become patriotic, maybe we should threaten to annex them.... lol.

Last edited:

IcePickFreak

Platinum Member
Jul 12, 2007
We're doing something about it. We're legalizing Marijuana.

-John

Peronally, I can't wait until we legalize Heroin. :)

-John

It will be fun watching people legally ruin themselves. I love human suffering.

Everyone knows this. ;)

-John

The question is, does McDonald's drugs kill us, and the answer is no.

Only you, kill you.

-John

And look, I did it all in one post!

M0oG0oGaiPan

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2000
digitalgamedeals.com
Chances are she's going to get murdered or something heinous is going to happen and that's a terrible thing. Mexico should just make drugs legal and become a tourist spot or something. You'd get junkies shooting up, bodybuilders juicing, old guys getting 30 minute hard-ons, etc. They could sell 99 cent tacos to guys with munchies and they can legalize prostitution for the 30 minute hard-on guys. People could adopt mexican babies since all you have to do is look at a mexican woman and she becomes pregnant. They wouldn't have to go on the black market for that shit.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Chances are she's going to get murdered or something heinous is going to happen and that's a terrible thing. Mexico should just make drugs legal and become a tourist spot or something. You'd get junkies shooting up, bodybuilders juicing, old guys getting 30 minute hard-ons, etc. They could sell 99 cent tacos to guys with munchies and they can legalize prostitution for the 30 minute hard-on guys. People could adopt mexican babies since all you have to do is look at a mexican woman and she becomes pregnant. They wouldn't have to go on the black market for that shit.

Don't forget that drug consumption in their own country isn't the biggest problem, it's the drugs they export to this country which is the main problem and where they get most of their money from.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
She's not that bad looking. Quite possibly the best looking police chief in history???

101020-praxedis-valles-hmed-745a.grid-6x2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Very hot indeed :thumbsup: