20 dead in crash of limo bound for birthday celebration in N.Y.

NAC4EV

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2015

Just so tragic

SCHOHARIE, N.Y. -- A limousine carrying four sisters, other relatives and friends to a birthday celebration blew through a stop sign and slammed into a parked SUV outside a store in upstate New York, killing all 18 people in the limo and two pedestrians, officials and victims' relatives said Sunday.

NAC4EV

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2015
Sounds like speed combined with road design was a factor.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
It doesn’t look like it rolled or caught fire. It seems relatively intact. I’m shocked not a single person survived.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I believe this is the intersection.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.700...4!1s5n0zKFOaxMT4mWDLQ-IZfA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The speed limit is 50 and one person said they think he was going closer to 60. There is a sign saying there is a T junction, then another sign indicating there is a stop sign coming up. If you miss that warning sign and come down that road at 50+ you will not stop in time. A SUV limo filled with people is very heavy and would need to stop very early.

Very sad.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
It doesn’t look like it rolled or caught fire. It seems relatively intact. I’m shocked not a single person survived.
Car goes from 60mph to 0mph in milliseconds.
People keep moving at 60mph until they hit part of the now stopped car.
People's skeletons go from 60mph to 0mph in milliseconds.
People's organs keep moving at 60mph until the connective tissue rips or stretches to slow them down.
Massive organ damage and death.

There was an excellent animation of the Princess Di crash that modeled her internals during the crash but it doesn't appear to be on youtube. In her case, had she been wearing a seatbelt, she wouldn't have died in the crash.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Good lord. Now I wonder, does the company have insurance?

Even if it does I am sure the amount carried is far below what the ultimate judgements will be. This business is hosed and from the sounds of it deservedly so. Using an improperly licensed driver in a vehicle that failed inspection should be grounds for criminal charges.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Even if it does I am sure the amount carried is far below what the ultimate judgements will be. This business is hosed and from the sounds of it deservedly so. Using an improperly licensed driver in a vehicle that failed inspection should be grounds for criminal charges.

I agree 110%. This should be a criminal matter imo.

Hans Gruber

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2006
20 people dead, shit posts. Maybe you should send some thoughts and prayers, if they work for shootings they should work for accidents as well.
What good are thoughts and prayers for the departed? They have a difficult battle ahead of them in the afterlife. Encountering, death, the angel of death, grimm reaper and the undertaker in the afterlife. Let us all hope they do not encounter the bringer of death or soul stealers.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Ban high capacity limos.

I want to say something but it might be attributed to second guessing the management which it isn't and never would becuase depsite people suchs as yourself this is a good place to hang out.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Oops - millions in lawsuits here.
The limo that crashed and killed 20 people failed inspection. And the driver wasn't properly licensed.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/08/us/new-york-limo-crash/index.html

Holy poop

US Department of Transportation records show Prestige Limousine Chauffeur Service has two drivers and three vehicles. Its vehicles were inspected five times in the last two years, and the company has had four vehicles taken out of service.

Sounds like a well run organization

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
20 people dead, shit posts. Maybe you should send some thoughts and prayers, if they work for shootings they should work for accidents as well.

Just saying if we'd just enable further government restrictions and take more freedom away we can live forever. Don't you care about the children?

I want to say something but it might be attributed to second guessing the management which it isn't and never would becuase depsite people suchs as yourself this is a good place to hang out.

Different opinions that challenge your spoon fed way of thinking is scary to you... call on management to protect your bubble.