2 questions about windows 10

Rygu

Jun 5, 2018
I just bought all my new PC parts including a SSD and am curious what would be better buying a DVD of Windows 10 64 bit pro or a flash drive. Second, I've read a lot of reviews stating that their CD key was not working and they couldn't return for refund. How common is that? I just want a legit version that I can do a fresh install on a SSD and there won't be any issues.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
USB drive, and buy the copy of Windows 10 from a known vendor such as Newegg or such. If you see a price for a Windows 10 license that is low then it probably too good to be true.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Probably not, but the pro versions of windows always seem to rate better than home versions so I always stick with pro.
Yeah but the monsy saved by going with the Home version can be used for a larger SSD, Better CPU, etc

Rygu

Jun 5, 2018
Yeah but the monsy saved by going with the Home version can be used for a larger SSD, Better CPU, etc
Yeah I realize I'm probably wasting a bit of money but I've already ordered all my parts and pro version seems to get better ratings than home on Newegg/Amazon.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Pro has Remote Desktop, which can be useful.
I dunno about the rest of you folks. I've got one "Home Premium" Win 7 system with Win 10 for it in dual-boot, and the user -- my brother -- doesn't want to fiddle with 10.

I suppose I could ask why anyone would be content with Home. Remote Desktop is an essential component for me. For Bro's system, I have to use a $20 software add-on to get remote access as I'd have with Remote Desktop.