Second connection - to the OLED screen

(maybe a DP1.4 to the receiver)

TOT111

Oct 10, 2017
thank you
but what do I directed in the card? to
Send HD sound to the AVR (DP )
and HDMI to the TV?

does the adapter need to support HDCP 2.2?

nathanddrews

Graphics Cards, CPU Moderator
Aug 9, 2016
www.youtube.com
No one will be able to help you unless you provide us with more information about your setup. What are your computer details, what display are you using, what receiver/AVR are you using?

NCIXGreg

Oct 26, 2017
While you can connect 2 HDMI devices to a video card, the bigger problem at play will be that your AVR must be seen by the computer as a display. Video cards are not designed to output audio-only.

Is there a reason you're avoiding connecting the TV to the HDMI output from the receiver? 4k TV with no HDMI 2.0 support on AVR perhaps? That would be the easiest solution of course.

Lordhumungus

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2007
Agree with @NCIXGreg that you should be trying to connect directly through the receiver which will then pass the video signal on to the TV.

If for some technical reason you can't do that, you may also be able to connect directly to the TV and use ARC (Audio Return Channel) to pass the audio back to the receiver.

pj-

May 5, 2015
Agree with @NCIXGreg that you should be trying to connect directly through the receiver which will then pass the video signal on to the TV.

If for some technical reason you can't do that, you may also be able to connect directly to the TV and use ARC (Audio Return Channel) to pass the audio back to the receiver.

ARC from my lg oled to the receiver seems to be limited to 2ch when the tv is connected to the PC.

The windows speaker configuration limits me to stereo.

I have a 4k receiver coming tomorrow so I didn't bother to see if there's a way around that.

Reactions: Lordhumungus

Lordhumungus

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2007
There are apparently A LOT of hardware particulars between all 3 components and it's not consistent across devices/manufacturers/standards et al.

I did some reading here, but it's frankly more than I personally want to get into at the moment. Still a completely valid point though.

Last edited: