2 free years of Shoprunner for PayPal users

Discussion in 'Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests' started by lamedude, Aug 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. lamedude

lamedude Golden Member

2. Thebobo

Thebobo Lifer

3. Sonikku

Sonikku Lifer

Free shipping at newegg for things that ordinarily don't have free shipping.

harobikes333 likes this.
  4. Mike64

Mike64 Golden Member

Other businesses , too...

Thanks! I had another promo subscription once upon a time, but I've always been too lazy to actually hunt down another similar deal. Now I won't have to even think about it for 2 (count 'em, two!) years...:D

PSA: It looks like this sub does not default to auto-renew, but people should double-check their own account settings. Also, check the "marketing preferences", which default to "all selected", including "Special offers from ShopRunner via postal mail" (in 2017? seriously?o_O) and afaic more importantly "Special offers and services from companies we think you'll like". Also, you should probably change the password to something other than your Paypal password – no point in making things easier for anyone up to no good...

#4 Mike64, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  5. esquared

esquared Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
    Forum Director

6. Ichinisan

Ichinisan Lifer

7. brocks

brocks Member

Thanks for this, I've used Shoprunner before and it's great for Newegg.

8. Ichinisan

Ichinisan Lifer

The activation email even says: "IT'S LIKE AMAZON PRIME FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITE STORES"

Well not really.

Newegg.com is probably the only affiliated store I would ever use it on. Maybe staples.com too.

I tried to buy an SSD from Newegg. It's coming directly from Newegg, not a third-party seller. I don't see any mention of Shoprunner during checkout. The only free shipping option is Eggsaver 4+ days.

Called Newegg and apparently you can only use it for items that say "Shoprunner" on the product page. I checked a few random items and none of them show it.
    The rep couldn't tell me how to browse just Shoprunner eligible items or how I can even find a single qualifying item on the site.

Shoprunner says they have no control over which items the site marks as eligible for Shoprunner.

I'm guessing Newegg doesn't really do Shoprunner now that they have Newegg Premiere service. Who knows how many other Shoprunner affiliates on their list don't actually support Shoprunner at all.

Not really the Amazon Prime experience.

Sonikku likes this.
  9. esquared

esquared Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
    Forum Director

It's there more than you think.

I just randomly picked the main video card category and checked the first 17 items.
    https://www.newegg.com/Desktop-Graphics-Cards/SubCategory/ID-48

Shoprunner was available of 13 of them.

Just looked at the AMD CPU section.
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007671 50001028

First 20 CPUs, 15 of them are shoprunner available.

10. harobikes333

harobikes333 Platinum Member

In for 2 years. Set myself an email reminder for a week before 2 years so that I cancel... I don't see anywhere the option to turn OFF the auto renewal deal...

11. Ichinisan

Ichinisan Lifer

Mine presented the option to turn off auto renew as I was registering. I saw it again in the account settings after I signed in.

12. middlehead

middlehead Diamond Member

They do seem to have de-emphasized it since they started Premier, but you can still filter by SR eligible in any category. In the filter groups on the left side of a page, scroll down to Useful Links, expand it, then hit Show More. "ShopRunner Eligible" is one of the options to filter by. I could've sworn that used to be up near the top, but that could've been years ago.