2 dead in Irvine, CA - Samurai-style sword incident

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
Ok before this turns into a flame fest, let's not generalize all Samurais. Most Samuai are peace loving people and look forward to a peaceful solution to problems. I have several Samurai friends, and they all condone this incident and believe that a true Samurai would never do this. It's all because of poverty and misguided mad people, who claim themselves as spiritual leaders to fullfil their evil desires. I say we hug out Samurai neighbours and make them feel welcome.

Yes, it is not the Samurai who are to blame but the unworthy Ronin who no longer act in the service of a noble and powerful Lord. These dangerous miscreants must be dealt with, lest they attempt to bring my gorious reign over my people to an end. Tadakai! Uzmaki! Gather your finest men and dispatch them at once to slay all swordsmen who do not pledge alliegance to a noble with whom I have an alliance with!

Banana

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
Are people who collect cheesy swords cuckoo? I'm not talking about real swords, but the cheapo ones that are on HSN, etc. (Yeah--I was mesmerized by the Father's Day collection of 300 swords for only 4 payments of $19.99 +SH).

This is a horrific way to die--one of the dead's head was almost hacked off by the attacker?! If only the citizens of Irvine had the right to carry concealed swords, this wouldn't have happened. :|

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
okay, i am glad i am not a moderator, CUZ SOME OF YOU WOULD BE BANNED.

anyway =(

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
CNN Article.

Apparantly he was schizophrenic. Having a close friend who is schizophrenic I can tell you it's a hard thing to deal with, and from what the article said it looked like he really needed a friend to help him out and didn't have one. So I guess it's PSA time: If you know someone who's schizophrenic please help them. It really can make the difference between life and death, and not just for them as this event unfortunately shows.