2.9 Cents Long-Distance Anywhere in US Deal

mandy2003

Jan 3, 2003
Came across this deal from another board.

This reseller for Globalfibernet/Airespring:QGlobalfibernet/Airespring has a promo for 2.9cents/min calling plan anywhere in US, w/6 sec. increments. One time sign-up fee of $3.99 and NO MONTHLY fees or minimum usage. No 10+10 dialing or calling cards needed - just direct dial. They'll even refund up to $10 for any switching charges.

I have been using Globalfibernet for 3 months now and pay 3.5cents/min with no sign-up fee from another reseller and no monthly fee.WWW.Free800Number.com but they will not let me switch to lower rate plan since I'm already a customer.

Happy shopping.

patj

Jan 7, 2001
Great Reporting, Mandy2003!

Remember folks, go through the
Globalfibernet/Airespring
link for the lowest rate!
THE RATES ARE DIFFERENT FOR DIFFERENT STATES - ONLY TWO STATES ARE 2.9 CENTS/MIN

A word of caution: There is a $2.99/month fee if you want a paper bill and don't have $15+ in monthly calls --- the preferred method of payment is credit card. There is an option for electronic funds transfer instead of credit card, but I don't know if it eliminates the billing charge.

You also can get your own TOLL FREE number with a very low rate billed back to you ($ .35 charge + minutes from a pay phone / only minutes from a private phone).

Patj

santokki

Sep 26, 2000
Too many conditions and fees and taxes ...

I still prefer OneSuite which is a flat 2.9 cents per minute (no tax, fees, surcharge of any kind for any reason). If you live near a metropolis, then you can use your local access number to drop that to 2.5 cents per minute.

barryccc

Dec 22, 2002
If Onesuite doesn't have local access number for you, try www.pincity.com too.
They even provide toll-free number in other countries.
I've been using it for two years and like it a lot.

tgferg67

Oct 23, 2002
Another satisfied onesuite customer here.
Will a company ever actually try to beat onesuite rates???

Wino

Jul 21, 2002
I've been using this for years...

Sam's Club card has AT&T Precalling cards 2.96¢ per minute for long distance anywhere in the US. I canceled my long distance at home and just program a new card number on my home phones every few months. Another feature is you can use the cards to call international; the various rates appear on the card package. You can get various quantities (lifted off samsclub.com):

AT&T® 2000-Minute PrePaid Phone Card
Personal Needs > Prepaid Phone Cards
2.96¢ per minute!
Item: 751306
$59.20 similar items...

AT&T® 2000-Minute PrePaid Phone Card
2.96¢ per minute!
Item: 751306
$59.20 similar items...

AT&T® 1500-Minute PrePaid Phone Card
2.96¢ per minute!
Item: 751299
$44.40 similar items...

AT&T® 1250-Minute PrePaid Phone Card
2.96¢ per minute!
Item: 233764
$37.00 similar items...

AT&T® 600-Minute PrePaid Phone Card
2.96¢ per minute!
Item: 897952
$17.76 similar items...

AT&T® 100-Minute PrePaid Phone Cards - 20 pk.
2.96¢ per minute!
Great item for resale!
Item: 200724
$59.20 similar items...

AT&T® 120-Minute PrePaid Phone Cards - 7 pk.
2.96¢ per minute!
Item: 237887
$24.86 similar items...

AT&T® 6000-Minute PrePaid Phone Card
2.96¢ per minute!
Item: 180114
$177.60

Mehdi

Apr 2, 2002
Another satisfied OneSuite customer. Can't beat the 2.5¢ per minute. I've been very happy with their quality & service too.

mandy2003

Jan 3, 2003
PatJ - Thanks for clarification and reminding posters of free 800 number included in the calling plan.

I did see the $3 charge for paper bill - which is the same fee any provider would charge to bill through your current local bill. I now receive very detailed bills (with no surprises) each month in my email and never pay a service fee. I thought the 800 charge for incoming calls are also 2.9 cents state-to-state.

And not to rant - I did sign up for onesuite because of all the postings here and have to say two things:

1. The service was extremely poor when I used it on trip in Seattle, WA
2. It cut me off WITHOUT warning during an important call when I ran out of money!!!

One Suite is NOT an alternative to AT&T, MCI or GlobalFibernet. They are an alternative to PRE-PAID CALLING CARDS! If you want to dial an access number than your account number then your pin number just to save 1 cents - good luck.

However calling cards are sometimes needed when traveling - SO if anyone has recommendation on a plan LIKE OneSuite that is reliable and cheap please post.

Love.
Mandy

breweyez

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
ive been using onesuite for a while...i didnt know they went to 2.5 cents...i thought they were still at 2.9

hopshop

Jul 25, 2002
Onesuite rulezzz. Never hear about pincity though, mayeb I will give it a try....

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
OneSuite does not have Nevada.

PinCity has 0.08 / minute for calls to Alaska and Hawaii.

XCLAN

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2001
onesuite is awesome been using it for months.
man i miss dialpads free service :(

ww4397

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
Do you purchase your time in advance (pre-paid service) with OneSuite or do you get billed for your monthly usage?

Thanks.

ShatterGhost

Jul 4, 2001
ww4397,
I have been using them for a few months and you purchase the time in advance. As little as 10 dollars to signup and there are no connect charges per call. It is 2.5 cents a minute if they have a local access number in your area or 2.9 cents if not for U.S. calls they have decent rates for other countries as well here is a link to their rates OneSuite Rates and also a link to their access numbers Onesuite Access Numbers You can add the speed dial option to the number you dial out on all the time so you don't have to enter a PIN number and they also have a printable card you can take with you and use other places. Hope this helps. take care, Tim.

tjaisv

Banned
Oct 7, 2002
Originally posted by: santokki
Too many conditions and fees and taxes ...

I still prefer OneSuite which is a flat 2.9 cents per minute (no tax, fees, surcharge of any kind for any reason). If you live near a metropolis, then you can use your local access number to drop that to 2.5 cents per minute.

onesuite sounds better, tx for the info! :)

rushhound

Nov 18, 2000
Happy One Suite customer here for over 2 years now. I have also used it all over the nation with NO problems. Just a few point to consider with Globalfibernet/Airespring. The following is from their web site,

Q. Will my bill only include the calls themselves, or are there going to be a lot of other taxes and fees?
A. There are government-regulated taxes on all phone services, which are charged as a percentage of the phone usage (just like sales tax that you pay at a department store for goods you buy, or various taxes you pay at the gas station for gasoline). These taxes will be included in your bill.

This is wrong! I pay NO taxes with One Suite. No access fees no nothing but 2.9 or 2.5 cents anywhere in the USA, anytime.

Also the in-state rates vary by state and are as much as .22 cents per minute! One Suite is 2.9 or 2.5 cents for ALL in state calls.

One Suite is most certainly an alternative to AT&T, Sprint or whatever. They each can provide me with LD service one of these just does it with no strings or extra taxes. I don?t even have a long distance provider on my phone line.
It is a one time procedure to have One Suite to "recognize" your phone number. I hit auto dial to dial the One Suite number and then the phone number. Hardly a strenuous or labor intensive procedure. But yes it does maybe tack on an extra 5 seconds to my dialing procedure.

And yes it is prepaid and they will cut you off when you spend your pre-paid amount even if it is mid call. I pay attention and have never had this happen. Might require more effort than some people are willing to invest but for me One Suite has yet to be beat!

Still this looks to be a good deal for those uninterested in having to think about pre-paying and don't mind paying the higher in state rates as well as some taxes.

jwells777

Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: mandy2003
PatJ - Thanks for clarification and reminding posters of free 800 number included in the calling plan.

I did see the $3 charge for paper bill - which is the same fee any provider would charge to bill through your current local bill. I now receive very detailed bills (with no surprises) each month in my email and never pay a service fee. I thought the 800 charge for incoming calls are also 2.9 cents state-to-state.

And not to rant - I did sign up for onesuite because of all the postings here and have to say two things:

1. The service was extremely poor when I used it on trip in Seattle, WA
2. It cut me off WITHOUT warning during an important call when I ran out of money!!!

One Suite is NOT an alternative to AT&T, MCI or GlobalFibernet. They are an alternative to PRE-PAID CALLING CARDS! If you want to dial an access number than your account number then your pin number just to save 1 cents - good luck.

However calling cards are sometimes needed when traveling - SO if anyone has recommendation on a plan LIKE OneSuite that is reliable and cheap please post.

Love.
Mandy

[satisfied customer raving]
Actually...I do consider Onesuite to be a very viable alternative to AT&T, MCI, etc. Onesuite has a feature that you can set a phone number to be associated with a given account, thus you do not need to enter a PIN number when you make a call from home. Since almost everyone has a phone which can be programmed for autodialing, you can have the accss number programmed into the phone. For me I have it set up as follows:

(direct) 1 = 1-800-xxx-xxxxPPPP1

where the P represents the wait character for the phone. So when ever I want to make a long distance call, all I do is dial

(direct) 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

Thus I have to press one additional button compared to AT&T and wait an extra 1.5 seconds for the 800 access number to be dialed. Seems worth it to save 10-100 dollars depending on your long distance usage. The other nice feature is that I can use my account from anywhere in the U.S. So if I am staying somewhere, or need to make a call from work, I can without worrying about absurd usage fees (especially important in hotels...). Finally, the quality of the call to anywhere in the U.S. that I have called is completely comparable to the big carriers. Never had a call dropped or anything either. The one place where onesuite does fall a bit short is call quality to forein countries. Sometimes they are pretty good...other times they are pretty bad. Usually, the cost is cheap enough to warrant still using it for overseas calls though.

[/satisfied customer raving]

coolVariable

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
Just get one of the MCI Prepaid Cards at Costco.
2.9c per minute without a sign-up fee.

(I think if you first buy the card it's even cheaper??? But DON'T recharge it!! Buy a new one because they rip you off if you recharge [3.5c?]!!)