2,600 Pages Of Clinton Documents Withheld

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Nebor
I'd say the information that Bush has systematically and regularly destroyed and covered up overshadows Clinton's wrongdoing about 100 fold.

Not that anyone is saying Clinton was squeaky clean (well, probably techs and senseamp,) but he's just not in the same league as Bush 43.

Nebor (and the others below), taht's not the issue.

Nobody is trying to investigate for HRC (or Bill's) wrong doing here. HRC is claiming vast superior experience in the campaign, due about 99% to time as First Lady. So how about some "First Lady" records to back up the claims?

IMO, as far as her claims to experience, this "empress has no clothes",.

I think this will be a bigger issue in the general election if she wins the primary. While there are prolly enough HRC fans who'll vote for her no matter what in the primary, I doubt her so-called unproveable/phantom experience will sway many in the general election. Quite the opposite.

Fern

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
I like how no one complained when Sandy Berger stole white house documents from the national archives and then destroyed them in order to cover up for the Clintons. But when a small fire breaks out at the white house, everyone immediately accuses Cheney of doing it to destroy documents.

Everything that you irrationally accuse, fear, and hate Bush for, the Clintons ACTUALLY did!

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000
Originally posted by: QuantumPion
I like how no one complained when Sandy Berger stole white house documents from the national archives and then destroyed them in order to cover up for the Clintons. But when a small fire breaks out at the white house, everyone immediately accuses Cheney of doing it to destroy documents.

Everything that you irrationally accuse, fear, and hate Bush for, the Clintons ACTUALLY did!

IIRC they were copies and he was tried and convicted.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001

Around here, the Clintons can do no wrong.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: azazyel

IIRC they were copies and he was tried and convicted.

IIRC, and I'm pretty sure I do, the claim that they were just copies is from Sandy Burger and there was no way to confirm it. So, we don't know what he may have destroyed.

And yes, he was convicted. I'm pretty sure he's working on the HRC campaign too.

Fern

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
Originally posted by: manowar821
I think this all depends on what your personal definition of the word "Is", is.

Joking aside, that's not cool. Yes, the nasty dealings that the Bush administration has gotten into are worse by at least 100 fold, but that doesn't make Clinton a good guy.

Don't mind me, though, I'd like to see 100% transparent government for everyone, so I'm just a crazy kook.

Yeah. It is annoying how these asses are above the law... and it is annoying that the supporters of these asses want them to be above the law! It is unjust.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Bush is still blocking the release of Reagan papers with an executive order, so I don't see a problem with Clinton blocking release of Hillary's papers.
Sorry, no fishing expedition for you, repugs.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: senseamp
Bush is still blocking the release of Reagan papers with an executive order, so I don't see a problem with Clinton blocking release of Hillary's papers.
Was Hillary an elected official of the Executive Branch? No? Does "executive privilege" extend to the spouses of our elected Executive officials? No? Have Bush's signing statements covered Laura? No?

WOOPS!

Just as I schooled you on in the other thread, this is is not a genuinely partisan issue. It's a case of a Presidential candidate claiming to have the "most experience," and then providing absolutely nothing to substantiate the claim itself.

Her entire life, up to this point, is perfectly fair game - especially the periods she claims are the most important to her level of preparedness for the role of President.

What is she hiding?

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Was Hillary an elected official of the Executive Branch? No? Does "executive privilege" extend to the wives of our elected Executive officials? No?

WOOPS!

Just as I schooled you on in the other thread, this is is not a genuinely partisan issue. It's a case of a Presidential candidate claiming to have the "most experience," and then providing absolutely nothing to substantiate the claim itself.

Her entire life, up to this point, is perfectly fair game - especially the periods she claims are the most important to her level of preparedness for the role of President.

What is she hiding?

Bush is blocking release of Reagan papers through an executive order. It's not Reagan claiming executive privilege, since he's dead.
If you think Clinton has no legal standing to block release of those papers, you can sue her.
Until then, you are just blowing hot air, as usual.
Also, you aren't entitled to see all her papers, period. There is no expectations that those papers will be made public. They are internal memos for a reason.
As far as what is she hiding, I don't know, you tell me. You are the one claiming she is hiding something. Do you have any evidence? Didn't think so. Hence the fishing expedition.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Guess the check came in from HRC to senseamp. He's really been defending the Clintons hard lately.

PS, this thread isn't about Bush or Reagan. It's about Hillary.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Pabster
Guess the check came in from HRC to senseamp. He's really been defending the Clintons hard lately.

More accurately, this issue is not about current or former Presidents - it is about First Ladies and Presidential candidates.

As an Obama supporter, I will continue to press this issue. Hillary's time as First Lady is the only thing allowing her to make the claim of having the ost experience, yet she refuses to substantiate those claims with actual records of her supposed accomplishments during that period.

Is she hiding something? I don't know, and I don't even really care. What I do care about is seeing what it is she claims to have accomplished during that eight year period of time.

Her problem is that her refusal to release the papers makes it look like she is hiding something - and, with elections, perception is everything!

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

More accurately, this issue is not about current or former Presidents - it is about First Ladies and Presidential candidates.

As an Obama supporter, I will continue to press this issue. Hillary's time as First Lady is the only thing allowing her to make the claim of having the ost experience, yet she refuses to substantiate those claims with actual records of her supposed accomplishments during that period.

Is she hiding something? I don't know, and I don't even really care. What I do care about is seeing what it is she claims to have accomplished during that eight year period of time.

Her problem is that her refusal to release the papers makes it look like she is hiding something - and, with elections, perception is everything!

Well, as Fred Thompson supporter, I am against the release of Hillary's papers for the purposes of your fishing expedition. If you are claiming she is hiding something, present evidence.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

Well, as Fred Thompson supporter, I am against the release of Hillary's papers for the purposes of your fishing expedition. If you are claiming she is hiding something, present evidence.
In a way, you're right, we ARE fishing! We're "fishing" for any actual leadership experience before the year 2000. Crazy, eh?

Do you really plan to vote for Fred Thompson?

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

In a way, you're right, we ARE fishing! We're "fishing" for any actual leadership experience before the year 2000. Crazy, eh?
So you are claiming Hillary is hiding that in those 2600 or whatever pages?
You are ignoring what is already in public record, wrt to her leadership on passing SCHIP and healthcare issues in general.
Plus, what the hell is Obama's record on leadership?
As much as you plan to vote for Obama :D

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Well, that's funny, because I actually DO plan to vote for Obama if he wins the nomination. Unlike you, it seems, I do not vote along any particular party lines. My voting record over the last 15 years is roughly 40/60 for D/R candidates respectively.

You, like many others here, have taken my tacet approval of some of the POTUS' decisions, as an indication of my party affiliation.

I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of any political party.

I'm saying those 2600 pages would properly reflect her eight years spent in the White House as First Lady. What they actually contain is anyone's guess!

You are ignoring what is already in public record, wrt to her leadership on passing SCHIP and healthcare issues in general.
Well, for one, SCHIP is a disaster. Second, her major healthcore proposal failed, even with a Dem congress. DOH!!

I sincerely hope she accomplished more than that during her eight years as First Lady. It's just too bad that we'll never find out what...

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nah, the GOP doesn't let anyone just walk in and vote, unlike his heroes. He'd need to be a registered Republican voting in the proper precinct in his district. Which means he's full of bullshit, as usual.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Well, that's funny, because I actually DO plan to vote for Obama if he wins the nomination. Unlike you, it seems, I do not vote along any particular party lines. My voting record over the last 15 years is roughly 40/60 for D/R candidates respectively.

You, like many others here, have taken my tacet approval of some of the POTUS' decisions, as an indication of my party affiliation.

I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of any political party.

I'm saying those 2600 pages would properly reflect her eight years spent in the White House as First Lady. What they actually contain is anyone's guess!

Well, for one, SCHIP is a disaster. Second, her major healthcore proposal failed, even with a Dem congress. DOH!!

I sincerely hope she accomplished more than that during her eight years as First Lady. It's just too bad that we'll never find out what...

What's Obama's healthcare proposal? What's his stand on SCHIP?
Looks like your boy Barack is just copying what Hillary Clinton thought of 15 years ago.
So when you want visionary leadership on an issue, you go to Hillary, if you want 15 year old rehash, then you can go to other Democrats. If you want permanently stuck on stupid, there is the GOP. So there are definitely plenty of choices for the voters.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Looks like your boy Barack is just copying what Hillary Clinton thought of 15 years ago.
So when you want visionary leadership on an issue, you go to Hillary, if you want 15 year old rehash, then you can go to other Democrats.
I hope to gawd Obama wins the nomination. If he does, I can't wait to make you eat those words after you jump on board like a lost puppy!

Which one of them opposed the Iraq debacle from the very beginning AND remains willing to allow our troops to operate in NW Pakistan?

oh ya... Hillary represents "visionary leadership" my arse! :cool:

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001

Why don't you go look at his web site?

So when you want visionary leadership on an issue, you go to Hillary, if you want 15 year old rehash, then you can go to other Democrats. If you want permanently stuck on stupid, there is the GOP. So there are definitely plenty of choices for the voters.

Visionary Leadership? :laugh:

You're as delusional and laughable as Bill today, calling Hillary a "World Class Genius"...

So what is her major accomplishment?

Does a failed 1994 Health Care "Task Force" qualify her as "Visionary"? :laugh:

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

You're as delusional and laughable as Bill today, calling Hillary a "World Class Genius"...

I don't care how sexist this sounds, but I still think her "biggest accomplishment" was marrying Bill. Beyond that, in terms of leadership, she hasn't accomplished jacksh*t!

So, essentially, the Dems might end up nominating 'the chick who used to bang the class President'... great...

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

Sure did.
"1. Obama's Plan to Cover the Uninsured. Obama will create a new national health plan to allow individuals without access to affordable insurance coverage to buy coverage similar to that available to members of Congress. "

Obama is for a national health care plan too, something Hillary was for 15 years ago. He should give Hillary credit where it's due, and so should you :D

Definitely. Visionaries are often too far ahead of their time. But in general, her task force's proposals are exactly what this country needs to address the mess that is our health care system. GOP stands for the status quo in healthcare. In the 15 years since they killed HillaryCare, they came up with nothing to actually fix the problem, and it keeps getting worse and worse. Don't forget that Hillary also led the task force that created SCHIP too, you know the same SCHIP that Republicans say the are for, even though they just voted against it :)

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

Sure did.
"1. Obama's Plan to Cover the Uninsured. Obama will create a new national health plan to allow individuals without access to affordable insurance coverage to buy coverage similar to that available to members of Congress. "

Obama is for a national health care plan too, something Hillary was for 15 years ago. He should give Hillary credit where it's due, and so should you :D

Definitely. Visionaries are often too far ahead of their time. But in general, her task force's proposals are exactly what this country needs to address the mess that is our health care system. GOP stands for the status quo in healthcare. In the 15 years since they killed HillaryCare, they came up with nothing to actually fix the problem, and it keeps getting worse and worse. Don't forget that Hillary also led the task force that created SCHIP too, you know the same SCHIP that Republicans say the are for, even though they just voted against it :)
you're bettin' on a losing horse man... a used and dried up mare at that!