2.5" SATA SSD not being detected over USB 3 adapter

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
They must have pulled up the wrong document or fudged a decimal place. Those are power figures for like enterprise class spinners.
Yeah, they told me that ALL of their SSD's have the same specs, then sent me the chart above. I think you are probably right - the numbers they sent just don't seem to jive with what I've seen on a few other websites.

Is 4.5 Watts power delivery the usual max for usb 3, though?

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Yeah, they told me that ALL of their SSD's have the same specs, then sent me the chart above. I think you are probably right - the numbers they sent just don't seem to jive with what I've seen on a few other websites.

Is 4.5 Watts power delivery the usual max for usb 3, though?

standard is 4.5W, then you could have BC extension which is 7.5W and PD (3.1) is 100W

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
They must have pulled up the wrong document or fudged a decimal place. Those are power figures for like enterprise class spinners.
That table is pretty bizarre. Since it shows the total draw and "power density," that calculates to ~ 30.6 TB? :colbert:

Reactions: tcsenter

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
That table is pretty bizarre. Since it shows the total draw and "power density," that calculates to ~ 30.6 TB? :colbert:

Like I said, it has to be wrong, pulled from the wrong document or some error copy/pasting it. Here are Power consumption figures for older 1TB 10K RPM WDC VelociRaptor, from StorageReview:

wd_velociraptor_1tb_power_values.png