1TB Hitachi Deckstar 7200rpm $54 at Frys.com CyberMonday Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

hackmole

Dec 17, 2000
I might get this drive because I heard it is very reliable.

The price is only given in the checkout area. Normally they are $89.

The Deskstar 1TB - $54. 7200rpm Sata HD31000IDK/7K hard drive provides an exceptional blend of power efficiency and performance making it an ideal solution for consumer and enterprise power-friendly PCs.

The Deskstar HD31000IDK/7K is also built using the industry's most reliable perpendicular magnetic recording (PMR) techniques to maximize capacity, performance and field reliability

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I just used two of these drives for clients. Now I'm out. I think I paid like $70-80 for them, 6-12 months ago.

USNavyPilot

Feb 25, 2003
I might get this drive because I heard it is very reliable.

The price is only given in the checkout area. Normally they are $89.

The Deskstar 1TB - $54. 7200rpm Sata HD31000IDK/7K hard drive provides an exceptional blend of power efficiency and performance making it an ideal solution for consumer and enterprise power-friendly PCs.

The Deskstar HD31000IDK/7K is also built using the industry's most reliable perpendicular magnetic recording (PMR) techniques to maximize capacity, performance and field reliability

Why would you want that, when you can get something that is proven to be very fast like the samsung spinpoint F3 1TB for $50.14 shipped with Coupon Code: FOODCOMA15. And everyone says that suiperbiiz has better packaging for hds then newegg. Excellent reseller ratings for them as well.

driveeuro

Apr 9, 2005
I'm running 7 of these drives since late 2007. Yeah, paid $150+ for each back then.

All are solid and none have died on me.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Why would you want that, when you can get something that is proven to be very fast like the samsung spinpoint F3 1TB for $50.14 shipped with Coupon Code: FOODCOMA15. And everyone says that suiperbiiz has better packaging for hds then newegg. Excellent reseller ratings for them as well.

FOODCOMA15 expired a few days ago, but, yeah, it is a nice drive.

The0ne

Jan 3, 2006

Newegg and Buy.com packaging blows if OEM. Might as well just toss the cheap plastic of box and ship the drive bare. There's almsot no protection ><! Sometimes I wonder why I still buy from them.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Newegg and Buy.com packaging blows if OEM. Might as well just toss the cheap plastic of box and ship the drive bare. There's almsot no protection ><! Sometimes I wonder why I still buy from them.

Add superbiiz/ewiz to that list. Just received the Samsung 1T listed in the thread and it was in a small OEM WD box barely larger than the drive itself. It had a big dent on the bottom so now I have to do thorough testing to make sure it is ok. Even then it may fail in the near future. They should have at least placed this small OEM box in a bigger, say 12"x12" box with peanuts to ship it.

Status
Not open for further replies.