1st Iranian Space Cadet! (and its a woman) Ayatollah rolling in his grave..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: eits
Originally posted by: 5150Joker
Originally posted by: Aimster
Originally posted by: eits
Originally posted by: Rumpltzer
I thought "Iranian" is "Persian". Is there a difference?

I've met a lot of really hot Persian women. Anousheh Ansari... not hot. :)

Persians are Iranian but not all Iranians are Persian.

you got that the wrong way...

iranians are persians, but not all persians are iranians.

What other country(s) would persians come from?
Afghanistan?

Afghanistan and parts of India/Pakistan if you want to get technical. But most idiots that refer to themselves as Persian these days are Iranians with a few Afghans here and there claiming the same thing. Of course the reality is Iranians=freaky shia cult (like you and etis) while Afghans = sunnis.

oh, christ... not this asshole again.

look, dude... go read a book or a wiki or something about what shia actually is before you make yourself look like a bigger dumbass than you are.

He needs to be banned.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
I was looking at a map of Persian in the area of Iran. It showed all the Persains living in the middle of Iran. Afghanistan had no Persians on this map.

I will try to look for this map and post it right now.

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com

"Ethnic Persians can also be found outside of Iran and include the Tajiks and Parsiwan (also known as the Farsiwan) who can be found in Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, and Xinjiang, China while another group called the Tats lives mainly in the Caucasus region concentrated in Azerbaijan, Armenia, and Russian Dagestan. The Parsis of India and eastern Pakistan are also largely descended from Persian Zoroastrian refugees who fled from Persia following the Arab conquests. The Irani's of western India are descended from more recent Persian Zoroastrian immigrants to the subcontinent. In addition, the Hazara are largely a Persianized Turkic-Mongol ethnic group."

and of course:

"Most Persians in Iran are Shia Muslims"

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_people

Once again you are proven to be the idiot troll you are, etis/Aimster. Persians (a term created by the West) are interchangeable with ethnic Iranians which spawns a vast amount of subgroups, like those found in Afghanistan, India, Pakistan and other places.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003

"Ethnic Persians can also be found outside of Iran and include the Tajiks and Parsiwan (also known as the Farsiwan) who can be found in Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, and Xinjiang, China while another group called the Tats lives mainly in the Caucasus region concentrated in Azerbaijan, Armenia, and Russian Dagestan. The Parsis of India and eastern Pakistan are also largely descended from Persian Zoroastrian refugees who fled from Persia following the Arab conquests. The Irani's of western India are descended from more recent Persian Zoroastrian immigrants to the subcontinent. In addition, the Hazara are largely a Persianized Turkic-Mongol ethnic group."

and of course:

Once again you are proven to be the idiot troll you are, etis/Aimster. Perisans (a term created by the West) are interchangeable with ethnic Iranians which spawn a huge vast of various subgroups, like those found in Afghanistan, India, Pakistan and other places.

why dont you use intelligence for once? I know you are lacking so let me help you.

If the minoritiy inside Afghanistan is Persian then what the hell makes you think after all these years that Persians still exist inside Afghanistan?

In order for true Persians to exist inside Afghanistan that means the minority Persians have to have kept marrying the other minority Persian. HAHA. That did not happen. If anything the only Persians inside Afghanistan are 1/50 Persian.

In India are you telling me there are Persians there? So all the Persians kept on marrying all the other Persians. Yeah Right.

Hell from the way you are describing Persian, everyone is probably Persian. 1/1000 = Persian.

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com

and of course:

Once again you are proven to be the idiot troll you are, etis/Aimster. Perisans (a term created by the West) are interchangeable with ethnic Iranians which spawn a huge vast of various subgroups, like those found in Afghanistan, India, Pakistan and other places.

why dont you use intelligence for once? I know you are lacking so let me help you.

If the minoritiy inside Afghanistan is Persian then what the hell makes you think after all these years that Persians still exist inside Afghanistan?

In order for true Persians to exist inside Afghanistan that means the minority Persians have to have kept marrying the other minority Persian. HAHA. That did not happen. If anything the only Persians inside Afghanistan are 1/50 Persian.

In India are you telling me there are Persians there? So all the Persians kept on marrying all the other Persians. Yeah Right.

Hell from the way you are describing Persian, everyone is probably Persian. 1/1000 = Persian.

I see that you still haven't used a car battery to jump start that little brain of yours. Ethnic Iranians (which are interchangeable with "persian") and it's multitude of subgroups are found throughout central and south asia. They don't need to intermarry, there are a large number of them to begin with! It's not difficult to understand but apparently your little brain can't comprehend that fact.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com

and of course:

I see that you still haven't used a car battery to jump start that little brain of yours. Ethnic Iranians (which are interchangeable with "persian") and it's multitude of subgroups are found throughout central and south asia. They don't need to intermarry, there are a large number of them to begin with! It's not difficult to understand but apparently your little brain can't comprehend that fact.

you are, by far, the biggest dumbass i'd ever met. you trump the kid i knew in 5th grade who licked a pissed-on toilet seat because someone bet him a penny that he physically couldn't.

you honestly think/believe you know what the hell you're talking about? seriously?