1st indictment of Russian interference in 2018 midterm elections

Jul 9, 2009
Thanks. From your story:

"Earlier in the day, in a rare joint statement, the nation’s top law enforcement and intelligence agencies issued a warning against what they described as “ongoing campaigns by Russia, China and other foreign actors, including Iran, to undermine confidence in democratic institutions and influence public sentiment and government policies.”

“Elements of these campaigns,” the statement said, “can take many forms, including social media to amplify divisive issues, sponsoring specific content in English-language media like RT and Sputnik, seeing disinformation through sympathetic spokespersons regarding political candidates and disseminating foreign propaganda.”

The statement, issued by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, Department of Justice, FBI and Department of Homeland Security, noted that there had not been any evidence, to date, of a compromise or disruption of election infrastructure. "

I'm going to give this story all the attention it deserves.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Thanks. From your story:

"Earlier in the day, in a rare joint statement, the nation’s top law enforcement and intelligence agencies issued a warning against what they described as “ongoing campaigns by Russia, China and other foreign actors, including Iran, to undermine confidence in democratic institutions and influence public sentiment and government policies.”

“Elements of these campaigns,” the statement said, “can take many forms, including social media to amplify divisive issues, sponsoring specific content in English-language media like RT and Sputnik, seeing disinformation through sympathetic spokespersons regarding political candidates and disseminating foreign propaganda.”

The statement, issued by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, Department of Justice, FBI and Department of Homeland Security, noted that there had not been any evidence, to date, of a compromise or disruption of election infrastructure. "

We know you're not squeamish about standing shoulder to shoulder with Putin's boys in solidarity for the Donald. I mean, you do know that's what you're doing, don't you?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Interesting, but in what way is this "the first" Russian national charged? The article is wrong on that point.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Thanks. From your story:

Because of what happened in 2016 I guess that would be zero from you. That traitor suit fits you well.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
its gonna be so much fun watching the Trumpettes deny, deflect, rationalize, and reinterpret all this.