17 yr old guy trying to hook up with my 13 yr old daughter

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
My daughter went to a friends 13th birthday party sleepover. Well the girls older brother was at it. He took my daughters phone and texted himself.

Today she gets a few text asking how she is doing, how practice is, and to text him back.

she showed it to me since it cheeped her the fuck out.

So i texted him back asking why he is trying to hook up with a 12 (she just turned 13 last month) and he should be looking for girls his age. and if he text back i will be calling the cops.

Then i called his parents..yeah that was fun too.

I got nothin...

Though, it sounds like you handled a difficult situation as well as possible...

Best of luck,
Uno

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
yes and then told me about it why? lol fuckoff you fucking idiot.

Because it was only AFTER he started texting her that the inappropriateness of the situation hit home for her. She's 13 dude. She probably does things with absolutely no forethought about the potential consequences all the time. That's how kids learn stuff. They do stupid things and then (hopefully) live through the results.

It doesn't really matter though. The guy shouldn't have been game for it anyway. If I were her dad I would want to know about it no matter how it got started.

Last edited:

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
eh, 13 is way too young. if he's 17 sex is inevitable, he shouldn't go for anyone younger than 16...15 is a stretch. i say no - i would go as far as speaking to his parents.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
Guy probably grabbed it when she was using it to ignore him. Guy needs to get shit beat out of him because this is definitely a pattern. Ask her if any of her friends have older BFs.

waggy said:
she said she didn't know he did it. It was sitting on her sleeping bag and they were running around the house.

because the number of people that password their phone is extremely small

i even turned off the lock screen

Strange. I can't think of anyone I know who doesn't use a lock screen. When it's time, I will definitely have it set on my daugther's phone.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
eh, 13 is way too young. if he's 17 sex is inevitable, he shouldn't go for anyone younger than 16...15 is a stretch. i say no - i would go as far as speaking to his parents.

yeah sadly you are right. I remember when i was 17. so Either i deal with her as an adult and get her on birth control or i lock her up in the basement.

13 and 17? fuck no. thats just gross.

poofyhairguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2005
normally i would agree. but she was disgusted in that a 17 yr old was hitting on her.

luckely right now she is more interested in gymnastics then boys.

Which is why I said you dodged the bullet this time. Life only gives you so many practice rounds though.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Strange. I can't think of anyone I know who doesn't use a lock screen. When it's time, I will definitely have it set on my daugther's phone.

Fortunately, I think the heavier use of fingerprint readers on phones will make more people accepting of using a lock screen. TouchID was the entire reason why I upgraded from the iPhone 5 to the iPhone 5S, and I had absolutely no regrets after doing it. It made my life so much easier and made dealing with a lock screen to be far less of a hassle. (It also allows logging into other apps, but that's just extra.)

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Who says he was trying to get in her pants? He might be abstinent and looking for his future wife... key word: "future"

True love.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004

Eh think about it like this, freshman and senior in high school.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
200_s.gif

perfect!
:D

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Should have just texted him a photo of your gun(s)

Hell no, that's evidence and premeditation.

Pretend like you have no clue about what's going on between them and make sure you dispose of the body properly. No clear and provable motive and no body equals no murder.

stockwiz

Sep 8, 2013
Don't ruin a 17 year old's life by making him register as a sex offender. Honestly I understand your concern but it's a 4 year age difference.

Jodell88

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
Don't ruin a 17 year old's life by making him register as a sex offender. Honestly I understand your concern but it's a 4 year age difference.
I don't think that's Waggy's intention. However, if the 17 year old keeps trying to have a romantic / sexual relationship then the OP may have to escalate the situation.

I agree with you that it's a four year difference, but there's a vast difference in maturity due to puberty that you haven't factored in.