17-Year-Old Girl Shot Dead By Three Cops At Texas Police Station

RickBean

Dec 4, 2014
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/01/26/3615294/kristiana-coignard-shot-cops-longview/

On Thursday, 17-year-old Kristiana Coignard was shot dead by three police officers in the lobby of the Longview Police Department. Coignard arrived at the station around 6:30 p.m. and asked to talk to an officer. Police say the girl was “brandishing a weapon” before she was shot four times.

I understand that officers like their lives and don't wanna die, when they shot armed black people, or angry protesters, i understand that officers may be scared away of 6-feet tall criminal, but when three adult men scared of 17 - year old girl... I think it talks too much about these guys!

Blanky

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2014
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/01/26/3615294/kristiana-coignard-shot-cops-longview/

On Thursday, 17-year-old Kristiana Coignard was shot dead by three police officers in the lobby of the Longview Police Department. Coignard arrived at the station around 6:30 p.m. and asked to talk to an officer. Police say the girl was “brandishing a weapon” before she was shot four times.

I understand that officers like their lives and don't wanna die, when they shot armed black people, or angry protesters, i understand that officers may be scared away of 6-feet tall criminal, but when three adult men scared of 17 - year old girl... I think it talks too much about these guys!
A 17 year old with a gun can't put a bullet in you? Or a knife in your neck? You know too little about this case to have an opinion on it, just as I don't, because I read the article and it doesn't even say what she was brandishing. Was it a 2" bladed pen knife or a Tommy Gun?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

Ok that is the fucking dumbest thing i have seen today (granted its only 7am). It does not matter the sex or age. IF they have a gun or even a knife they can kill you just as easy as a male can.

Nov 29, 2006

A gun is a gun. A toddler can kill with one. Doesnt matter your age, sex, race etc.

Reading the artcile it sounds like she was going for suicide by cop maybe?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
lets see, history of mental illness, tried to kill herself 2x in the past

so if she actually went into a police station with a gun and got shot, id wager suicide by cop

Nov 30, 2006
I'm not sure about this...what color was everyone's skin? Oh, clicked the link and I see that she was white...never mind.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
If she was black, she should be able to point a loaded gun at cops without any repercussions, because slavery and white privilege. White girl, no dice. It's only fair.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002

Uh, some nations have 7 year olds, not 17 year olds, going around with machine guns. A 17 year old girl can still shoot you in the face.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
I'm not sure about this...what color was everyone's skin? Oh, clicked the link and I see that she was white...never mind.

Yep. nothing to do with race.

This one is all about the crazy.

Just like Mike Brown. He wasn't shot because he was black. It was because he was crazy.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
LOL, @ 17yo white girl with gun/weapon not dangerous... yes speaks so much about cops who protect themselves.

Nov 30, 2006
Yep. nothing to do with race.

This one is all about the crazy.

Just like Mike Brown. He wasn't shot because he was black. It was because he was crazy.
My point wasn't really about her being crazy or Mike Brown being crazy...it was about all the crazy people in this world who hate and view everything through the prism of racism. They're the crazy ones.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Ugh... let's hope this doesn't become a trend that people read about and then copy.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

Serious question, are you stupid or just ignoant

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Don't understand the comparison between this and the rash of police shootings of "unarmed" black people.

She had a fucking weapon. Absent that, nothing to see here.

And BTW if she turns out not to have been armed let's see if a GJ will be more sympathetic towards her.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
I found this quote from the article retarded:

&#8220;I think it was a cry for help. I think they could have done something. They are grown men. I think there is something they are not telling us.&#8221;

White 17yo with weapon walks into police station and brandishes it at the officers and that is a "cry for help." I guess that is the young white girl equivalent of "was thinking about going to college."

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Until we know what the weapon was, it's kind of hard to determine anything. My problem is how quickly they go to deadly force. If talking to the suspect doesn't work, they still have tasers and pepper spray, yet they never feel like using any of it -- just deadly force.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
We might want to hold off just a wee bit until they identify the weapon. Lots of things can be so termed. Until then, let's just all be glad that she's white so that no one's store need be looted and burned.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
Yet another horrific case of a person with mental illness where we don't want to talk about the effects of mental illness.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We should just make it the death penalty for owning a gun except if you are a police man. We could do random searches of people's homes etc and given some time for things to evolve, nobody would be able to walk into a police station with one.

Nov 29, 2006
We should just make it the death penalty for owning a gun except if you are a police man. We could do random searches of people's homes etc and given some time for things to evolve, nobody would be able to walk into a police station with one.

Sweet. Just like Prohabition. That worked well.