155 shipped, for a Creative case, mobo, and platinum 5.1

yodayoda

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2001
what is with the crazy english on this site?

Intrel Chipset?
Industry acclaimed Vreative Labs?

is this like a genuine panaphonics, magnetbox, or a sorny?

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
This is a link to the home page of CnetPC Home

Looks like the only safe way is to navigate the cgi to the BlasterPC stuff.

This is NOT TigerDirect, this appears a different and cheaper (free shipping) deal.

Raju420

Dec 14, 2000
damn, tigerdirect finally sent me the pc today they shipped, man that took forever.

Dec 31, 2000
Apparently mine shipped 3/10 and should be here any day. They are shipping from Chicago, not Florida.

Still deciding on a CPU. Not sure a BIOS supporting Slocket Celerons is available at a healthy clock speed.

pyr

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
is the live drive removable? it would be worth ordering just to get that alone if i could put it in my main system

Holycrap

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
The "live drive" on this thing is an integrated chip (or chipset) on the motherboard, so you're not going to be able to take it out and use it in another machine. Sorry. :(

Here is a review of the system. It is the only one I have seen.

HC

Sept1967

Jan 26, 2001
Anyone know the motherboard specs, BIOS rev, CPU speeds, ect?

The last time I looked, that last BIOS for the Tiger one was Feb 2000.

ToyMan

Jan 25, 2001
Thanks for an interesting find. I'm considering this for my secondary PC. It would have been a "no brainer" if it was possible to move the Live Drive to my primary PC which has a SB Live! Value.

Interesting side note, I just noticed that the spec on this site states that the case comes with a 250w power supply, but the specs according to the TigerDirect are for 200w PS(also stated in - Original BlasterPC Thread) The review mentioned above also stated 200w.

One more question. Has anyone successfully completed the TigerDirect\EverBank deal using the BlasterPC to get $100 off?

darwinyo

Nov 10, 1999
Creative bought Micron's motherboard division awhile ago started releasing mobos under Creative (C100, C200, and C300 i think). One was a SS7, another was an LX, the last was a BX i think. They got okay reviews.

This looks like a good deal if you want to set up a nice multimedia box for the home theatre or something.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
yodayoda

"is this like a genuine panaphonics, magnetbox, or a sorny?"

PERFECT! Thanks for that GREAT Simpsons quote.

Midnight Rambler

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Actually, it was not Creative that bought Micronics but rather, Diamond Multimedia (who then merged w/S3 who then sold the graphics division to VIA and the rest of S3 became SonicBlue ... whew! ;)).

MichaelJ

May 2, 2000
I recieved mine yesterday from Tigerdirect. I havent put it together yet but the case appears solid. Everything was well packed. There is a nice bound 68 page manual with pictures and step by step instructions for assembly.

poizon

Mar 6, 2001
Just in case anyone is wondering, their reseller rating (10 reviews) is 4.5. The reviews mostly say that the company sells good products and ships promptly. The downsides are the site design and mostly the customer service (horrible). There was also a comment saying they are possibly related to Z-Buy (which has a 5.3).

samiam

Apr 21, 2000
Does anyone know if this is the same package that TigerDirect has?
Some comments/recommendations from members who have gotten theirs
would sure be helpful. I'm still sitting on the fence.(yes, it's not comfy)

santuitman

Platinum Member
Mar 6, 2001
I would like to see some comments from people who have gotten this as well. I took the deal from Tiger and am still waiting to get mine. It would be interesting to see what I got myself into...
Both this and the Tiger deal seem to be the same item.

bighammer

Oct 9, 1999
The board is made by Spacewalker{Shuttle} and it's a modified 661P board.
you can use the manual to overclock.
Over the 124 your AGP will crap thoughnear the dimms is a jumper{JP45 that unlocks the FSB and next to that are a couple solder points that will raise the voltage on say a PIII at 2v to 2.1v
actually in my testing, it's 1.97v and closing the 2 pins brings it to 2.08.
I haven't had a chance to check it with the PIII coppers yet though

beatniks3

Apr 14, 2000
i am also curious to see if this is the same product that tigerdirect is selling. i am thinking about getting this for a new computer to replace a dying pentium 133. i know that alot of people on this board would recommend buying a duron and go the overclocking route, but if i understand the motherboards right now, then they are limited by a certain processor speed right? i would rather buy a computer like this and use it for 6 months and then buy a newer motherboard that is ready for the higher processor speeds and then build my own. is there any logic to my thinking? thanks beatniks3