15 dollars. Only $15 per every 365 million American Citizen. You in?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Nope. It's not worth it to give in to extortion, to a stupid solution for a problem that largely doesn't exist.

If you want to start going down the path of "if everyone in the country paid x" then I can think of a lot of better things to do with that money.

But if you like--start with the increase in wealth that every Congressman enjoyed from the tax "reform" bill and apply that to the wall.

Reactions: MavericK96

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
There was a very interesting bit on Good Morning Joe this morning where Joe Scarborough went through chapter and verse of the GOP's Congress and Senate reactions to Trump's wall-and how much opposition to Trump's Wall there is both within the GOP politicians and the GOP base as well. Here's a link:

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/w...-against-bill-to-begin-the-wall-1426222147827

(skip ahead to 3:10)

In a slightly more perfect USA, GOP Senators would reward Mitch McConnell’s cowardice with the threat to jump the party, turn D or I and rob Mitch of his Majority Leader title. At least the ones who aren’t running for re-election. But they’re mostly all cowards.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I'm kidding.
I mean, I'm not for anyone paying 15 dollars or 5 billion dollars.
The comments and responses here are correct. That if we allow Trump to get away with THIS hostage situation, Trump will repeat the same over and over again. To get his way on ANYTHING and on everything.
Typically in law enforcement and in government, the rule is to never negotiate with terrorist and never give in to blackmail or to their demands when a hostage or hostages are involved.
This Donald Trump wall thing with now holding hostages is no different.
Remember, we have a president taking hostage(s) and holding paychecks hostage to get his way. Trump could easily do the same, in some future circumstance, to commit a crime.
To hold something valued as jobs or people hostage to get away with his committing or have committed criminal acts.

Lets stand back and look at this.
We now have a president who is more than willing to engage in hostages taking, and not only THAT, but Trump truly believes that THIS is the way to conduct legitimate government.
Think about that.....
It would be a short leap given this presidents mindset to also consider "the elimination" of his opponents and his political enemies using force.
Believing in and following the same play book as Putin follows.
So say this time we allow Donald Trump to get away with hostage taking, and Trump then builds his wall. Next time it may involve murdering and kidnapping opponents, or some news reporter, or a political challenger.

What I point out here is we actually have a president that thinks this way.
That believes in hostage taking as a tactic to achieve his goal(s).
THAT FACT I believe the country is missing in THE BIG PICTURE of Donald Trump's brain.
He does not think as an American.
Donald Trump really thinks as a dictator and as a communist.
Is it no wonder Trump conducts secret meetings with Vladimir Putin, then destroys the notes and evidence of what took place in such meetings.
I don't know who Donald Trump really is, but I see no evidence that he is one of us.
The average American does not take hostages in order to meet their goals.

Last edited:

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Document undocumented workers and give them tax ids then assess an extra wall/border security tax.

Reactions: UNCjigga

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
Hell no, I'm not paying $15 out of my own pocket. Why not just dig a little bit into the huge military spending and put it into building that wall? The wall should have strategic, military value on our southern border, so it should fit right into the endless military budget that the government keeps taking from us.