15 Days of Bond!!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KarsinTheHutt

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2000
On Her Majesty's Secret Service was 1969 or so. I can't beleive Pierce Brosnan was even old enough to be Bond at that time. How old is he anyway?

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< They used Lazenby because MGM was unable to get a contract for Pierce Brosnan at production time for &quot;Her Majesty's Secret Service.&quot; Brosnan was locked into some TV with a &quot;No Work&quot; clause... meaning he couldn't do other big productions while on the show. I don't remember what show he was on but I remember it was some stupid sitcom. >>

Youre about 15 years too early ;) It was Timothy Dalton (for The Living Daylights) that they went to instead of Pierce in the 80's because Pierce was locked into the TV series Remington Steele :D Brosnan would have been too early back in the late 60's and would have preceeded the return of Connery for Diamonds are forever AND Moore's debut in the early 70's. Dalton ended up sucking and had sales of the 007 series slumping b/c of his too serious portrayel of 007 with NONE of the humour. And I do believe that his next and last Bond film, License to Kill, was the first and only Bond flick to get an R rating.

WHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

DaveJ

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
He was 16 in 1969... actually I think it was Roger Moore they wanted to get, but he was tied up with The Saint.

[edit] OK, so I was off a little... :) But I do remember something about Roger Moore not being available...

Dave

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Raptor13........ maybe you should try watching them there DVD's ;) Lazenby (in Her Majesty's Secret Service) was shoot in the 60's. I think that your thinking of Timothy Dalton &amp; Pierce Brosnan :)

Cheers,
Aquaman

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Too bad Desmond Llewelyn pasted away :( John Cleese just does not cut it for me as the 'gadget' guy.

Cheers,
Aquaman

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah, Q is the sh!t...

&quot;Don't touch that, that's my lunch;)&quot;

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
uncouth, great link with some interesting rumors :) I just wish the official site would at least give us some tid bits :p

Cheers,
Aquaman