14th Annual Folding@Home Holiday Season Race: Final Stats.

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
Don't worry Mark, this year isn't done yet :grin:
Well, its OK, especially now that cancer screwed be into being deaf ! I am more determined than ever to help others not meet my fate.

Daishiki

Golden Member
Nov 9, 2001
Is it too late to join? Completely forgot this year. Also, just moved recently, so I only have 2 boxes here (old 750TI, and a 2400G). Will have to get the others out of storage, maybe this weekend, so looking at 100K a day at most for now.

Come on in. The water is nice.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Hmm, I added my fourth semi-backup PC, with RX 580 and RX 470 "mining" cards, to do BOINC for PG challenge, but once those two GFN22 WUs are done (1 more day, I hope that they get done before the challenge is over), then I'm either going to mine with them, or turn them loose on F@H too. It would be so sweet to hit 3Mil PPD for me, maybe I could hit 50Mil points for the month. That's what I'm hoping to break. Consider it took me this long to even hit 100Mil (years?), then a 50% increase in total points in one month would be kinda neat. (I realize I can't quite compete with you high-PPD peeps with multiple RTX 2080ti cards, but for my meager funds, this represents a bit of a high-water mark for my production. Four new cards this year. Retiring the Polaris cards, if I can find buyers. Or, I'll hook some friends up with them for gaming builds.)

Edit: I'm relying on mining to essentially "pay off" the new video cards I got this year, I don't know if they will earn enough to make that work out. Use them for F@H in Dec., pay for themselves the rest of the year, except for the warmest summer months that I would normally have to run the A/C for. (No sense in running "intelligent heating" and A/C at the same time...)

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
JasonLD, I'm nipping at your heels, with race points. Better get moving! :)

Edit:: Though, a very good show, for not having folded before!

Reactions: JasonLD

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Damn! I completely forgot about this! :(
Well, I'll join in belatedly......

Oh & to make matters worse, I still haven't installed my Ryzen 2 gear after having bought it several weeks ago!:oops:

Reactions: Ken g6

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Thanks for the stats Biodoc :)
Btw my folding name is [TA]Assimilator1 ;)

Incidentally, can someone remind how/if I can restrict CPU folding so that a spare core is left GPU folding? (assuming I need to?).

Howdy

Nov 12, 2017
Thanks for the stats Biodoc :)
Btw my folding name is [TA]Assimilator1 ;)

Incidentally, can someone remind how/if I can restrict CPU folding so that a spare core is left GPU folding? (assuming I need to?).
If it were me, I'd drop the CPU slot and go with just GPU. That is if your using your CPU for just F@H. Unlike BOINC I do not believe you can specify how many cores to use for CPU F@H. Then again I never have ran CPU folding, so quite possibly and more than likely I am wrong. :)

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Ok, if that's the case I'll let BOINC carry on on the CPU.
Atm I've got a single LHC WU that's taking aaaages to finish! :rolleyes: 2days & 20 hrs & counting!! (currently at 95.8%).
When that WUs done, I allow F@H to CPU crunch & look at the impact on GPU folding.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Lol :D

So currently with just GPU folding it's showing 407k ppd, I'll see what it changes to with 100% CPU folding added.....
Actually, even without seeing the ppd, I can see that the GPU is no longer continuously loaded at 100% & the fan speed has dropped slightly (although it's claiming 421k ppd atm).
Time to try Biodoc's info, thx btw :)

Last edited: