"1389 Days 18 Hours Remaining"

eyor

Banned
Feb 7, 2000
umm... anyone know of a -faster- place to download Mandrake Linux from? lol...

BA

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 1999
what version you want? I've got a CD of 7.1 around here somewhere.

eyor

Banned
Feb 7, 2000
I want it now tho! lol... and the download time is now 114 days 12 hours... ?????? WTF?

eyor

Banned
Feb 7, 2000
maybe I should just install red hat 6.2... I think I have a CD around here somewhere... what is the difference between redhat and mandrake?

eyor

Banned
Feb 7, 2000
that reminds me... it asked me where I wanted to write the LILO thing to... should that be on my main windows partition? the first one? or the normal linux one?

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
just make sure you have it add windows has a boot up option. Lilo should bemon the main windows partition. Unless you want to go into linux with aboot disk;

eyor

Banned
Feb 7, 2000
Actually... how will it work then? When I boot up will I just type in whichever OS I want to load?

jaydee

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
Yeah but you got to be quick. It defaults to Linux (unless you change it somewhere) when you install it, and when it boots up it takes about 5 seconds until it starts Linux (from when the screen of options come up). Sometimes (on mine anyway) it will default to Linux without even showing the options. It's wierd. Anyway also be sure to list boot-up disk, and safe-mode as options when you get to boot-up options (if it doesn't automatically).

Damaged

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Jesus H! :) Ever think of trying a different site? And...you aren't trying to do this with a modem are you?

eyor

Banned
Feb 7, 2000
Damage: it was with a high-speed cable connection.

I am having MAJOR problems with the Redhat 6.2 install!

It seemed to install fine, but when I rebooted it got through the part about "DMI" or whatever it is, the part where it goes to the boot disk or starts to load the OS, and then just printed "LI" on the screen.
So I tried to type something. Nothing showed.
My keyboard was working, because I could CTRL+ALT+DEL, and change caps and num lock, but nothing was being typed. Then the keys started making that tic-tic noise like it was frozen.
Reboot. "LI". Same thing. HELP!!!

maybe I should start a new thread...