11 Neighbors from hell....

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
I think the first commentator in that link got it right:

um. seriously? neighbors from hell? decorators from hell, maybe. but they didn't really do anything to be considered bad neighbors.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Queasy

um. seriously? neighbors from hell? decorators from hell, maybe. but they didn't really do anything to be considered bad neighbors.

No, actually he got it wrong. I can't imagine living next to people like that. I'd cringe everytime I pulled down my street if I lived next to one of these loons...

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus

No, actually he got it wrong. I can't imagine living next to people like that. I'd cringe everytime I pulled down my street if I lived next to one of these loons...

i prob wouldent even blink an eye, ive actually seen similar things

growing up in the boonies FTW

in all honesty if rather live near someone with a garden gnome fetish then somplace with a HOA

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
hmm i really want to check this list out

is it copy & paste-able?

edit: i am getting a "502 bad gateway" (only happens at work)

Sqube

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004
Bad for property values at best. If this is all it takes for you to consider someone a neighbor from hell, I've got a lovely bunker in the middle of Montana where you should feel much better, snowflake.

Patt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
Originally posted by: meltdown75

is it copy & paste-able?

Not copy & paste-able ... really just a bunch of pics with short comments.

I hate WebSense too ... LogMeIn.com is what allows me to see whatever I want by connecting to one of my home PCs. Best part is that work doesn't even filter https:// connections, and so I don't even have to authenticate on the firewall (though they can track). This way it looks like my internet usage is very minimal :p

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Anubis

i prob wouldent even blink an eye, ive actually seen similar things

growing up in the boonies FTW

in all honesty if rather live near someone with a garden gnome fetish then somplace with a HOA

Yep.

That and local zoning laws would cover just about all of these problems. A HOA is a problem in of itself.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001

Killing the property value of your home would classify these people as bad neighbors if they lived next to you.

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Slick5150

Killing the property value of your home would classify these people as bad neighbors if they lived next to you.

I don't know. There are worse things than lawn gnomes.

If I had to choose between this and a neighbor who drank all the time and regularly held loud parties until 2AM and left beer cans and beer bottles all over their yard and my yard, I would choose this.

If I had to choose between this and a neighbor whose father-in-law tried to put up a fence and got cement all over my yard, I would choose this.

If I had to choose between this and a neighbor who stood naked at his bathroom window with no curtains or blinds, I would choose this.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: Patt
Originally posted by: meltdown75

is it copy & paste-able?

Not copy & paste-able ... really just a bunch of pics with short comments.

I hate WebSense too ... LogMeIn.com is what allows me to see whatever I want by connecting to one of my home PCs. Best part is that work doesn't even filter https:// connections, and so I don't even have to authenticate on the firewall (though they can track). This way it looks like my internet usage is very minimal :p
I tried LogMeIn and uninstalled it for some reason. Maybe I was just being paranoid...

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Captante
What exactly is the issue with the guy who paved his small yard?

Lol, lots of people have done that in NE Philly (urban suburbs). Italians who moved out of South Philly, mostly, it seems. I guess they just couldn't handle the transistion to non-concrete. :roll:

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002

If I had to choose between this and a neighbor who drank all the time and regularly held loud parties until 2AM and left beer cans and beer bottles all over their yard and my yard, I would choose this.

If I had to choose between this and a neighbor whose father-in-law tried to put up a fence and got cement all over my yard, I would choose this.

If I had to choose between this and a neighbor who stood naked at his bathroom window with no curtains or blinds, I would choose this.

I'm with Queasy here. Given the choice between the two, I would take the crazy decorators.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Those would be GREAT neighbors, not bad ones. Bad taste? OH HELL YEAH, but funny and amusing to no end.

ryan256

Platinum Member
Jul 22, 2005
#9 isn't too bad. I think I could live with that one. The rest of them? Hell no.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003

See, I don't have to put up with any of that bullshit living in an HOA community and none of that shit in the link posted in the OP would fly where I live either thank god.

I live on a nice quiet cul de sac street with friendly neighbors and nicely kept lawns. My neighbor had his landscaping redone about a month ago and they broke a couple of our sprinklers, my wife mentioned it to him and he apologized and called his landscaper out to fix it at no charge-within a few days. A few years ago I wanted to cut down a tree that was on my property but was growing into his roof so I asked him if he minded if I removed the tree. He didn't and he even offered to help me if I needed it. It's called communication and being courteous.

Yeah, we can't paint our house purple or blue and I can't operate an auto repair business out of my home...BFD.

I think having a few rules is definitely a good thing.

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001

See, I don't have to put up with any of that bullshit living in an HOA community and none of that shit in the link posted in the OP would fly where I live either thank god.

I live on a nice quiet cul de sac street with friendly neighbors and nicely kept lawns. My neighbor had his landscaping redone about a month ago and they broke a couple of our sprinklers, my wife mentioned it to him and he apologized and called his landscaper out to fix it at no charge-within a few days. A few years ago I wanted to cut down a tree that was on my property but was growing into his roof so I asked him if he minded if I removed the tree. He didn't and he even offered to help me if I needed it. It's called communication and being courteous.

Yeah, we can't paint our house purple or blue and I can't operate an auto repair business out of my home...BFD.

All that stuff I listed actually happened at my previous house....in a HOA community.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003

All that stuff I listed actually happened at my previous house....in a HOA community.

Wow, they must have been completely worthless. Mine isn't bad...then again, maybe it's just that I have good neighbors. :laugh:

Kntx

Platinum Member
Dec 11, 2000
Your organization's Internet use policy restricts access to this web page at this time.

Reason: The Websense category "Tasteless" is filtered.

doh!

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001
Wow, they must have been completely worthless. Mine isn't bad...then again, maybe it's just that I have good neighbors. :laugh:

As I've said before, the worth of a HOA depends completely on the people on the board and the people in your neighborhood. HOAs are a good idea to ensure nobody just completely trashes the neighborhood but they seem to attract pricks and the power-hungry.

The HOA in my previous neighborhood was ridiculous. I thought it was good for a while because they weren't issuing notices for every little thing. But then it became clear that it was because the HOA president was incompetent and possibly worse.

My current HOA isn't bad so far. We had a small issue with a storage shed in our backyard that was there when we purchased the house. We just had to show them that the storage shed had been there before they issued rules on storage sheds and was thus grandfathered in. It was still odd because you'd think they would have known about it already.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I spent part of last week in NJ staying with a relative in his townhouse. Strict HOA for the community, everything matches, right down to the handles on the garage doors. I was bored the morning NJ got blasted with a few inches of heavy snow. All of the townhouses share their driveway with their neighbor. And, there are 4 houses to a building. I went out and shoveled the driveway, and the attached driveway. Then, I went over to the other side and shoveled the other two driveways. When I finished with them, the sidewalks, and the street in front of the driveways (where the plow had piled up snow), I went and helped a guy in the next building over shovel his and his neighbor's driveway.

What amazed me were the pricks (not a lot of them, but plenty for me to notice; maybe 1/4 of the houses) who would go down the middle of the driveway, separating their half from their neighbors half, and only do their half of the driveway. The houses are touching each other! Their house is literally the thickness of the wall from their neighbor's house, yet they're so self-centered, they don't even think about helping their neighbor shovel. I'd rather have any of the people in the OP's link living next door to me (provided they're nice people) than an asshole who essentially draws a line down the center of the driveway and only touches his half.

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
They say every neighborhood has an asshole. If you cant find the asshole in your neighborhood it's you.