1080ti random restarts under load

Pwndenburg

Mar 2, 2012
Greetings,

I just wanted to get some input from the knowledgeable readers here on my situation before I spend money. I've noticed that when I play a good number of games that my computer with randomly and suddenly restart. Everything that I've read on the subject seems to indicate that it is the power supply. The unit is a 760 watt Corsair AX 760 that is couple of years old. I think it is a solid unit; however, I had many power surges at my old apartment complex and I think introducing the 1080ti's power draw revealed the issues with the unit. Please let me know if you think I'm right or wrong. Thank you all.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
It could well be, but what are the rest of your system specs? Can you check CPU temps for instance?

Pwndenburg

Mar 2, 2012
Well, from everything I can measure, the temps remain well within safe ranges up until the point the system restarts. I've got new psu coming in the mail today and I'll give that a shot. Guess I can go from there.

Pwndenburg

Mar 2, 2012
As it turns out, the power supply was bad. I had a lot of brown outs where I used to live and I guess the strain was just unbearable.