1001HP W-16 Bugatti Veyron final version presented (0-60 2.9 seconds)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Originally posted by: uncJIGGA
Originally posted by: Rent
Originally posted by: KnightBreed I want to have sex with that car. (by the way, the link says 0-100km/hr in 2.9s, which puts its 0-60mph actually around 2.8s)
I'd hit it... with my truck :)
You'd have to catch it first...

I'm pretty sure my truck gets better gas milage :p

Either way, I'd just find it when it was parked. Unless it has some sort of uber-computer that detects incoming projectiles and avoids them automatically... which I assume the car does for that amount of $$ :D

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Rent
Originally posted by: KnightBreed
I want to have sex with that car. (by the way, the link says 0-100km/hr in 2.9s, which puts its 0-60mph actually around 2.8s)

I'd hit it... with my truck :)
You'd have to catch it first...

That wouldnt be too hard... considering how people who buy supercars like these rarely take them up to the speed limit... :confused:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
This car is nothing like an F1 car, and I'm sure an F1 racer would probably still beat a Veyron around a road course.

Wow, that would be a cool race though.:Q:Q:Q
I meant F1 and is in F1-like performance, not necessarily design. And it would be a very cool race. I'd rather be in the Veyron though... more comfortable :)

How they hell are they getting those type of acceleration numbers? AWD? I mean 0-60 in 2.9s and 0-187 in 14s... unless I'm calculating wrong, that's a constant forward acceleration rate of 0.61g :Q to 187mph!! :Q :Q :Q

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
Originally posted by: profet
0-300 in 14.4 seconds. Good God.
The car better come with 20 point seatbelts, neckbrace, full body cast, and helmet.
I am sure that is kilometers, a still impressive 0 - 186mph in 14.4 seconds.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
How can you shift that many gears in 2.9 seconds? Unless it does it in first or second!
It would easily be able to hit 60 in second gear, so only one change would be needed.

Luagsch

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2003
I refuse to believe a market for this vehicle exists--only Satan himself would drive such a beast.

i'd give my soul to be satan (well ultimatly to be satan to drive the beast;) )

Turkish

Lifer
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: Luagsch
I refuse to believe a market for this vehicle exists--only Satan himself would drive such a beast.

I dont know if you have seen the movie Bedazzled, but if satan is Liz Hurley, I have no problem with that. In fact, two birds with one stone. Liz Hurley and Bugatti Veyron!

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
I could take it, up to about 250 or so. Then the extra $2 million dollars would pull on me pretty good. :)
With all that power, they're gonna sell those things like hotcakes(relative to the price) on specs alone!

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
How can you shift that many gears in 2.9 seconds? Unless it does it in first or second!
It would easily be able to hit 60 in second gear, so only one change would be needed.

Lambo Diablo can do 69 in 1st gear... I'm sure that the Bugatti can handle that in 1st as well.

Josh

Luagsch

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2003
Originally posted by: Xiety

i'd give my soul to BE satan (well ultimatly to be satan to drive the beast;) )

I dont know if you have seen the movie Bedazzled, but if satan is Liz Hurley, I have no problem with that. In fact, two birds with one stone. Liz Hurley and Bugatti Veyron!

LOL, if i was liz hurley i wouldn't want you (you're a guy, aren't you?):p i would be a lesbian and besides driving the veyron i would touch myself all day long;)

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth
Originally posted by: werk
Ugh...the 2 tone paint is ugly. I'm not a big fan of the grille either. Otherwise, sexy!

The grill is a Bugatti styling clue like the BMW and Alfa grills.
Can we get a nick change here from Dr. Smooth to Dr. Obvious??? Thanks mods.

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: profet
0-300 in 14.4 seconds. Good God.
The car better come with 20 point seatbelts, neckbrace, full body cast, and helmet.
Yep truly sick. I think its top speed is rated a little over 250 mph...

Good lord, tops that "sledgehammer" Vette that tops the list at supercars.com. Plus this looks way cooler heh. I want to see some interior shots of the non sport version.

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Vic
Who cares what it looks like? It's like owning your own F-1 car... but with leather and cupholders! :Q

Originally posted by: Doggiedog
Wonder what the insurance would cost on that in NJ?
I seriously doubt that you could insurance on that outside of Lloyds...
This car is nothing like an F1 car, and I'm sure an F1 racer would probably still beat a Veyron around a road course.

Yeah, F1's are crazy fast, and have amazing handling. But in a straight line...heh My accord 0wnz them all! :p

Turkish

Lifer
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: DaiShan
Originally posted by: Vic
Who cares what it looks like? It's like owning your own F-1 car... but with leather and cupholders! :Q

Originally posted by: Doggiedog
Wonder what the insurance would cost on that in NJ?
I seriously doubt that you could insurance on that outside of Lloyds...

Yeah, F1's are crazy fast, and have amazing handling. But in a straight line...heh My accord 0wnz them all! :p

agreed, u cant have sex on the back of a f1 car
:p

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Xiety

You want to be Liz Hurley driving a Bugatti Veyron?