100 People Who Are Screwing Up America : (and Al Franken Is #37)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Darkhawk28

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2000
Originally posted by: daniel1113
Originally posted by: Darkhawk28
Originally posted by: daniel1113
Originally posted by: conjur
And the problem with that list, daniel? Those are the asshats responsible for the massive deficit spending, blowing wedge issues out of proportion, and invading countries illegally.

There's a problem with any list that only lists people on one side of the aisle. Of course, I don't really put much weight on a list in which the names are spelled using childish games.

I didn't see you come out against the list from the OP. Just Conjur's.

I don't know who is on the OP's list since I won't be buying the book.

I think the link is fairly clear.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: Darkhawk28
I think the link is fairly clear.

It's a link to the book on Amazon. Other than Al Franken, I have no idea who else is on the list. Feel free to post the complete list if you find it, but I really don't care.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Here's a piece on the book and the top 10.

The mighty 100
The Boston Globe
By Carol Beggy & Mark Shanahan | July 2, 2005

Ted Kennedy, the senior senator from Massachusetts, ranks No. 3 and Margaret Marshall, chief justice of the state's Supreme Judicial Court, ranks No. 7 among those former CBS newsman Bernard Goldberg cites in his new book as the ''100 People Who Are Screwing Up America (and Al Franken Is #37)." The book hits stores on Tuesday. A best-selling author, Goldberg has written and spoken extensively on what he sees as liberal bias in the media. In a promotional press release for the book, he says, ''There are specific individuals who, in various ways, are screwing things up in this country -- people who are changing America in ways that erode its very ethical and moral underpinnings." Like who? Documentarian Michael Moore ranks at the top, with the second spot going to Arthur O. Sulzberger Jr., New York Times publisher and chairman of The Boston Globe's parent company. Others on the list include MIT professor of linguistics Noam Chomsky, at No. 11; former Vermont governor Howard Dean, at No. 20; and former state attorney general Scott Harshbarger, who formerly ran Common Cause and is now a partner at a Boston law firm, at No. 40.
http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/articles/2005/07/02/the_mighty_100/

Top 10 of "100 People"

1. Michael Moore, filmmaker 2. Arthur Sulzberger, publisher of The New York Times

3. Ted Kennedy, Democratic U.S. senator, Massachusetts

4. Jesse Jackson, Democratic African-American activist

5. Anthony Romero, American Civil Liberties Union's executive director

6. Jimmy Carter, former Democratic president

7. Margaret Marshall, chief justice, Massachusetts state Supreme Court

8. Paul Krugman, columnist at The New York Times

9. Jonathan Kozol, education scholar and author

10. Ralph Neas, president of People for the American Way

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Here's a more accurate list (I'll limit it to a Top 20):

1) Propagandist
2) Darth Cheney
3) Kindaslezy Lies
4) KKKarl Rove
5) Rumsfeld
6) Sen. Bill Fristian
7) James Dobson
8) Fred Phelps
9) Sen. Santorum
10) Karen Hughes
11) Ed Gillespie
12) Paul Wolfowitz
13) Dick(head) Perle
14) John Bolton
15) Douglas ("stupidest m-f on the face of the earth") Feith
16) Scooter Libby
17) Pat Robertson
18) Jerry Falwell
19) John Negroponte
20) Ken Lay

Where did you get this from? The Democratic party website? Or some of the ultra leftist forums you visit? Or moveon.org?

P&N has basically turned into a mouthpiece of the Democrat party, and this guy is their leader.

Bleh, it has turned into a miniature version of DU.

:thumbsdown:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
can I throw out a top 5? ;)

1. every single lobbyist
2. Karl Rove
3. moveon.org
4. Dick Cheney
5. tie between Harry Reid / Bill Frist

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005

Typical leftist drivel. Try writing a book and see how it sells.

In no particular order
1. Michael Moore
2. Harry Reid
3. John Mccain
4. George Steinbrenner
5. George Soros
6. Ralph Neas
7. Jesse Jackson
8. Tom Delay
9. Al Sharpton
10. Anthony Romero
11. Eminem
12. Jessica Simpson
13. Hillary Clinton
14. Howard Dean
15. Haliburton CEO I forget his name.
16. Joseph Bataillon

I love how conjur claims he's not a liberal. What a hack. :laugh:

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: zendari

In no particular order
1. Michael Moore
2. Harry Reid
3. John Mccain
4. George Steinbrenner
5. George Soros
6. Ralph Neas
7. Jesse Jackson
8. Tom Delay
9. Al Sharpton
10. Anthony Romero

steinbrenner lol, and a list of other people with absolutely no power

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004

In no particular order
1. Michael Moore
2. Harry Reid
3. John Mccain
4. George Steinbrenner
5. George Soros
6. Ralph Neas
7. Jesse Jackson
8. Tom Delay
9. Al Sharpton
10. Anthony Romero

Oh please, John McCain and George Steinbrenner? Those are some of the greatest Americans to ever live.

Tom DeLay belongs up there. But Michael Moore is great for America. He is trying to educate the ignorant American masses. It does not matter what his message is. Besides, the fact is that Bush is deeply connected to the Saudis.

I'm not one of these anti-war people here, but Michael Moore is definately not trying to screw up America.

Originally posted by: miketheidiot
steinbrenner lol, and a list of other people with absolutely no power

Wow, Steinbrenner has no power?

Is that why he is #1 on the list of the most powerful and influential sports figures?

Is that why his team is the greatest sports team in the history of all sports?

Is that why his team's payroll is by far the highest?

Is that why what he and the Yankees do sends ripples throughout baseball?

Please, think before you make these totally insane posts that have no sense of reality.

CocoMunkee

Aug 10, 2004
Customers who bought this book also bought

* The Truth About Hillary : What She Knew, When She Knew It, and How Far She'll Go to Become President by Edward Klein
* Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry by John E. O'Neill
* How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must): The World According to Ann Coulter by Ann Coulter
* Men In Black: How the Supreme Court Is Destroying America by Mark R. Levin
* The Vast Left Wing Conspiracy: The Untold Story of How Democratic Operatives, Eccentric Billionaires, Liberal Activists, and Assorted Celebrities Tried to Bring Down a President--and Why They'll Try Even Harder Next Time by Byron York
* Treachery : How America's Friends and Foes Are Secretly Arming Our Enemies by Bill Gertz

:roll:

All good reading to me.

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005
Na, John McCain is a useless old fool who wields far too much influence over the public for the retarded campaign finance reform bill that really needs to be shoved up his ass.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Na, John McCain is a useless old fool who wields far too much influence over the public for the retarded campaign finance reform bill that really needs to be shoved up his ass.

Your starting to sound like what you described McCain as. This guy has done a lot of good and there is a reason why he has influence over the public. I bet you're bitter about the 2000 elections when McCain was running against Bush. Remember, it was Bush who smeared McCain, not the other way around.

I just don't understand why you're saying he's a useless old fool. There are people out there you could say that about, but he is NOT one of them.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: CocoMunkee

* The Truth About Hillary : What She Knew, When She Knew It, and How Far She'll Go to Become President by Edward Klein
* Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry by John E. O'Neill
* How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must): The World According to Ann Coulter by Ann Coulter
* The Vast Left Wing Conspiracy: The Untold Story of How Democratic Operatives, Eccentric Billionaires, Liberal Activists, and Assorted Celebrities Tried to Bring Down a President--and Why They'll Try Even Harder Next Time by Byron York
* Treachery : How America's Friends and Foes Are Secretly Arming Our Enemies by Bill Gertz
All good reading to me.
Rather fitting your screenname is close to Cuckoo Bananas.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001

In no particular order
1. Michael Moore
2. Harry Reid
3. John Mccain
4. George Steinbrenner
5. George Soros
6. Ralph Neas
7. Jesse Jackson
8. Tom Delay
9. Al Sharpton
10. Anthony Romero

Leftist?

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA

zendari

Banned
May 27, 2005
Tack on John Del Mol to the list, supposedly he's the guy who started Reality TV.

Text

Whoever started American Idol.

Cary Sherman and the leaders of the RIAA

And the people at toms hardware.

Kerouactivist

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2001
Tack on John Del Mol to the list, supposedly he's the guy who started Reality TV.

Text

Why do you hate tom's Hardware?

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: bthorny

Text

I think Tom is German, right? And that's pretty close to France. And everbody knows France is trying to screw up America. Duh!

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005

Text

Because they are completely uncredible, they are Intel fan bois and couldnt write decent journalism to save their lives

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: DeathBUA

Text

Because they are completely uncredible, they are Intel fan bois and couldnt write decent journalism to save their lives

If Tom was a Republican, he could go work for Rupert Murdoch.

imported_Condor

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2004

I have been buying "The Truth About Hilary" and giving it out to all my liberal friends. They seem to appreciate it a lot.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Condor

I have been buying "The Truth About Hilary" and giving it out to all my liberal friends. They seem to appreciate it a lot.

do they have wobbly tables or something?

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002

nuff said

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: raildogg

Your starting to sound like what you described McCain as. This guy has done a lot of good and there is a reason why he has influence over the public. I bet you're bitter about the 2000 elections when McCain was running against Bush. Remember, it was Bush who smeared McCain, not the other way around.

I just don't understand why you're saying he's a useless old fool. There are people out there you could say that about, but he is NOT one of them.

I'm actually 100% agreeing with raildogg, McCain is one of the most respected politicians in the US. Getting respect from both parties, which is just amazing in the current political climate.

Would be interesting if someone wrote a book about the top 100 people who are making America better

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Riprorin
"Bernard Goldberg takes dead aim at the America Bashers (the cultural elites who look down their snobby noses at "ordinary" Americans) ... the Hollywood Blowhards (incredibly ditzy celebrities who think they're smart just because they're famous) ... the TV Schlockmeisters (including the one whose show has been compared to a churning mass of maggots devouring rotten meat) ... the Intellectual Thugs (bigwigs at some of our best colleges, whose views run the gamut from left wing to far left wing) ... and many more."

100 People Who Are Screwing Up America : (and Al Franken Is #37)

Looks like a good read. Bernard is going to be interviewed on FNC in a few minutes. Should be interesting.
You would have loved Spiro Agnew and the Nixon Administration. They were big on lists!