100 People Who Are Screwing Up America : (and Al Franken Is #37)

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
"Bernard Goldberg takes dead aim at the America Bashers (the cultural elites who look down their snobby noses at "ordinary" Americans) ... the Hollywood Blowhards (incredibly ditzy celebrities who think they're smart just because they're famous) ... the TV Schlockmeisters (including the one whose show has been compared to a churning mass of maggots devouring rotten meat) ... the Intellectual Thugs (bigwigs at some of our best colleges, whose views run the gamut from left wing to far left wing) ... and many more."

Looks like a good read. Bernard is going to be interviewed on FNC in a few minutes. Should be interesting.

This discussion has outlived any usefulness it may have had and has turned into a flame war.

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
interesting? riiiiight

I hope the list mentions administration officials who leak undercover agents names.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Customers who bought this book also bought

* The Truth About Hillary : What She Knew, When She Knew It, and How Far She'll Go to Become President by Edward Klein
* Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry by John E. O'Neill
* How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must): The World According to Ann Coulter by Ann Coulter
* Men In Black: How the Supreme Court Is Destroying America by Mark R. Levin
* The Vast Left Wing Conspiracy: The Untold Story of How Democratic Operatives, Eccentric Billionaires, Liberal Activists, and Assorted Celebrities Tried to Bring Down a President--and Why They'll Try Even Harder Next Time by Byron York
* Treachery : How America's Friends and Foes Are Secretly Arming Our Enemies by Bill Gertz

:roll:

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: conjur

* The Truth About Hillary : What She Knew, When She Knew It, and How Far She'll Go to Become President by Edward Klein
* Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry by John E. O'Neill
* How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must): The World According to Ann Coulter by Ann Coulter
* The Vast Left Wing Conspiracy: The Untold Story of How Democratic Operatives, Eccentric Billionaires, Liberal Activists, and Assorted Celebrities Tried to Bring Down a President--and Why They'll Try Even Harder Next Time by Byron York
* Treachery : How America's Friends and Foes Are Secretly Arming Our Enemies by Bill Gertz

LMAO

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Al Franken has the clout to screw up America? :confused:

Rove and the entire Focus on Family collectively have definitely gotta be in the top five for any serious list.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002

HAHAHAHA!

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
This country is so flipping whacked out it's digusting.....I think tolerance has been erased from the dictionary in america.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
The Vast Left Wing Conspiracy: The Untold Story of How Democratic Operatives, Eccentric Billionaires, Liberal Activists, and Assorted Celebrities Tried to Bring Down a President--

I... cannot...stop......:laugh:

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
While I'm sure it's possible to compile a list of the 100 top people screwing up this country, I have a hard time taking this guy seriously. Why? Well, out of all the people in the entire United States of America...the countless people involved in government, both elected and unelected...the hordes of beltway lawyers and lobbyists with unlimited funds and no ethics...owners of huge companies that would step over their mother to make a few extra bucks...out of all those people, this guy could only find 36 who were screwing up America more than Al Franken.

Now I realize a lot of people don't like the guy, but be a little more creative, please. If he's the 37th worst guy you could find, you guys really need to work a little harder.

As a side note, these books can be great if you're just looking for some chuckles at the expense of the opposition. Al Franken's books (heh) are great for this, it's like a book of political jokes. But if you are actually reading these books to stimulate and broaden your political opinions, you should realize books like this are the intellectual equivalent of a box of Kleenex and a Playboy.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Riprorin
"Bernard Goldberg takes dead aim at the America Bashers (the cultural elites who look down their snobby noses at "ordinary" Americans) ... the Hollywood Blowhards (incredibly ditzy celebrities who think they're smart just because they're famous) ... the TV Schlockmeisters (including the one whose show has been compared to a churning mass of maggots devouring rotten meat) ... the Intellectual Thugs (bigwigs at some of our best colleges, whose views run the gamut from left wing to far left wing) ... and many more."

Looks like a good read. Bernard is going to be interviewed on FNC in a few minutes. Should be interesting.

Where did you place on the list Rip? I don't ever bother to read your links. Just curious.

JustAnAverageGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 1, 2003

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Here's a more accurate list (I'll limit it to a Top 20):

1) Propagandist
2) Darth Cheney
3) Kindaslezy Lies
4) KKKarl Rove
5) Rumsfeld
6) Sen. Bill Fristian
7) James Dobson
8) Fred Phelps
9) Sen. Santorum
10) Karen Hughes
11) Ed Gillespie
12) Paul Wolfowitz
13) Dick(head) Perle
14) John Bolton
15) Douglas ("stupidest m-f on the face of the earth") Feith
16) Scooter Libby
17) Pat Robertson
18) Jerry Falwell
19) John Negroponte
20) Ken Lay

Darkhawk28

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2000

1) Propagandist
2) Darth Cheney
3) Kindaslezy Lies
4) KKKarl Rove
5) Rumsfeld
6) Sen. Bill Fristian
7) James Dobson
8) Fred Phelps
9) Sen. Santorum
10) Karen Hughes
11) Ed Gillespie
12) Paul Wolfowitz
13) Dick(head) Perle
14) John Bolton
16) Scooter Libby
17) Pat Robertson
18) Jerry Falwell
19) John Negroponte
20) Ken Lay

Let me add a few:

Bill O'Lielly
Sean "Corn Cob Boy" Hannity
Rush "Pigman" Limpuke
Bill Kristolmeth
Ann "Adam's Apple" Coulter
Neil "Whiner" Boortz
Riprorin :laugh:

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003

1) Propagandist
2) Darth Cheney
3) Kindaslezy Lies
4) KKKarl Rove
5) Rumsfeld
6) Sen. Bill Fristian
7) James Dobson
8) Fred Phelps
9) Sen. Santorum
10) Karen Hughes
11) Ed Gillespie
12) Paul Wolfowitz
13) Dick(head) Perle
14) John Bolton
16) Scooter Libby
17) Pat Robertson
18) Jerry Falwell
19) John Negroponte
20) Ken Lay

Yep, just about everyone I would expect conjur to list.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
And the problem with that list, daniel? Those are the asshats responsible for the massive deficit spending, blowing wedge issues out of proportion, and invading countries illegally.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
And the problem with that list, daniel? Those are the asshats responsible for the massive deficit spending, blowing wedge issues out of proportion, and invading countries illegally.

There's a problem with any list that only lists people on one side of the aisle. Of course, I don't really put much weight on a list in which the names are spelled using childish games.

Darkhawk28

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2000
Originally posted by: daniel1113

There's a problem with any list that only lists people on one side of the aisle. Of course, I don't really put much weight on a list in which the names are spelled using childish games.

I didn't see you come out against the list from the OP. Just Conjur's.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: Darkhawk28

I didn't see you come out against the list from the OP. Just Conjur's.

I don't know who is on the OP's list since I won't be buying the book.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001

Waaah

BTW, I only gave a Top 20. This administration clearly deserves every spot there. I have Dems and others I'd add in a Top 100 list.