$10 off at Cedar Point

lesch2k

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2001
nice, if anyone is oging to be in northern ohio it is worth going to cedarpoint.
thanks

unghole

Jun 15, 2001
Nice. Never been to Sandusky Ohiah, but uh I've heard wonders about the Millenium Force.

Jokeram

Golden Member
May 9, 2001

<< Nice. Never been to Sandusky Ohiah, but uh I've heard wonders about the Millenium Force. >>

live right around the corner and have not been there...

MADCAP

Jul 10, 2000
Northern Ohio is coaster heaven. Between Cedar Point and Six Flags there are more coasters than you know what to do with.

whizbang

Feb 16, 2001
If you happen to go to Sandusky and you have kids, don't forget to stop at the nearby African Safari Wildlife Park. They have a large pen filled with semi-exotic animals like Llamas and Camels. You buy a bucket of food and drive your car around a path. The animals walk up to your car for food.

Just don't make the mistake I made. I stuck the bucket outside my car and caused a stampede as a flock of hoof-bearing mammals bumrushed my car.

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Cedar Point is great fun. It gets expensive if you eat there, so I'd avise packing a cooler and leaving it in the car trunk with LOTS of ice. Must ride coasters are:

Millenium Force: Last year,they had a &quot;ticket system&quot; in place, where you went through a queue and got a ticket for a certain time of the day to ride. Then you could get in line at that time. Dunno if they're doing that this year. I almost blacked out on this ride, so it's a good one :D
Mantis: Second best coaster there, decent sized line, but worth it
Raptor: Best coaster in the park. Wait the extra time to be in the front row
Magnum: Fairly high, fairly fast. Ride this one before millinum force, otherwise you'll be disappointed
Snake River Falls: You're going to get wet. Very very wet. Make sure you stop on the bridge to get even wetter.
Mean Streak: Really fun wooden coaster. If you're tall, remember, you're not going to hit your head. Repeat that to yourself :D

Ride em if the lines are short:
Thunder Canyon. Possibility to get very wet on this one, its all chance. Otherwise, its just a wet ass
Mine Ride: Don't let size fool you. It's some &quot;Oh Sh!t&quot; moments. This was the last coaster my Dad ever rode, it scared him so bad (there's one point where it looks like you're going to fly into the line of people waiting) :D
Iron Dragon: Good &quot;training coaster&quot; for people who might be afraid to try them. Sit in the front cart :D
Gemini: Another good training coaster. Fairly short

Rides to avoid:
Corkscrew: Really short, not much fun
White Water Landing: Going down a steep slope in a canoe with little keeping you in is fun, but you'll end up with only a wet ass.

Joe716

May 19, 2001
You forgot Blue Streak which a classic wooden out and back coaster, probably built 60 years ago. It has plenty of airtime to be such an old coaster. There is never any line and I'm fearful it is on the endangered species list: SO GET ONBOARD.

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
I thought about it, but I've never ridden it :), so I didn't want to review it based on just what it looks like. You did a good job though :D

Another note for next year. Pepsi always has a promotion going on up here (Northern Ohio) where you can get a certain amount off with a can in the month of may, less off in june. (this year it was $13 in may, $10 in june). Pepsi usually makes sure you get in for ~$25 with a can during may. If you can get a good day to go in may, the lines are SHORT (compared to june/july/august), you can ride lots of coasters 2-3 times no problem. Only exception is with new coasters, when I went, the line for the millium force was half way through the park (before they instituted the ride ticket thing). I didn't make it there this may, so I dunno what it was like. They usually get a new coaster/ride every two years.

Lowcarb

Feb 3, 2001
Sandusky, Ohio.

Isn't that the place where the protagonist in &quot;Life, The Universe, and Everything) was kidnaped from? (Or was it Upper Sandusky, whics isn't particularly close to Sandusky?)

&quot;Keep your arms and legs inside the car at all times and
please enjoy your day at at Ceeedar Point!&quot;

happykitten

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2001
I LOVE Cedar Point... I went to school in Michigan, so we'd take trips down there every year on Physics Day. I've been to the park 10 or 11 times, and it just keeps getting better...

I think the Millenium Force is overrated... I like the Raptor, Mantis, and Magnum, myself. If you're anywhere near Ohio, I highly recommend you go check it out... wish I could go again myself this summer.

Huge Cedar Point fan,
~kitten >^.^<

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
I went here last summer. The only bad part is all the birds really stink the place up.