10 Items Whose Prices Have Jumped the Most in the Past 10 Years

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
8/16 bit game cartridges

Holy shit, I just tried the first thing I could think of (Kirby's Dreamland 3) and it's selling for $50 cartridge-only?! I don't think I would ever want to part with mine, but that's quite a bit for such a major series. Although I just tried several more and most are in the $5-10 range I was expecting. It's not really a fair comparison if you're looking at eBay prices vs what used media stores had lying around a decade ago, if that's what you're doing.

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
Smart people work for companies who pay for their school. I get $15k a year tuition reimbursement.

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
Holy shit, I just tried the first thing I could think of (Kirby's Dreamland 3) and it's selling for $50 cartridge-only?! I don't think I would ever want to part with mine, but that's quite a bit for such a major series. Although I just tried several more and most are in the $5-10 range I was expecting. It's not really a fair comparison if you're looking at eBay prices vs what used media stores had lying around a decade ago, if that's what you're doing.

Generic shovelware yeah. Look up Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Final Fantasy II and III, Link to the Past, Lufia I and II, Breath of Fire I and II, Super Metroid, Ogre Battle, Secret of Evermore, Megaman X, X-2, X-3, Super Mario RPG, EVO, Pocky & Rocky, etc

Last edited:

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
Worse, several have had poor revisions, so your options that aren't the old carts are lesser games, and the re-release of Earthbound wasn't directly released in English.

Some aren't bad, though. Chrono Trigger, FI, starts at $19 on Amazon, and whole lot of FF 1-6 + CT for the PSX is $80, all brand new (you can probably find the collection cheaper elsewhere, too).